Hidden Keys

AN: I'm sorry I haven't updated in a long time! I was having major writers block! I didn't think I would get so many views so honestly didn't have a plan for this story.

Thank you @MapleMochi I dedicate this chapter to you for getting me going agian.

Don't own FT

(^ν^)

Natsu POV

"Take your clothes and go," Lucy said while looking out my window. Her arms were crossed and the sun shined in making my long, silky, maroon dress with a low back shine. I walked over to the table and picked up the uniform and held it in my hands.

"Ah....m-mistress?" I studded. I was still somewhat afraid of Lucy. I still had a slice of hope that the Luce I knew...the Luce I loved was still there.

"I said go!" She said in a low rough call. She had shifted her head slightly so I saw the side of her face. She had her hair up in a braided bun with elegant reddish purple lipstick on and a silvery purple eyeshadow. She looked beautiful, but she had a cold inside. I started walking slowly out of the room. Just before I pushed the door open she caught my attention.

"Wait."

I had a slight hope she would be the small girl I knew when I turned around and would call me Natzu while hugging me, but I was disappointed.

"There are important guests coming tonight. You shall attend with me as nothing more that my butler. You will serve me and my guests," her orders came out in a low strong voice. I couldn't believe that voice used to be the high happy one I loved.

~time skip~

Lucy POV

I paced my bed room.. My room had originally been the attic but I made in my room. I liked being away from everyone. I had forbidden any maids, butlers, or guards into my chambers. My room was the only place I really felt free. Scratch that, where Lucy Heartfilia felt free. It was themed with different shades of blue. I looked out the window at the snow falling. I loved the snow. I didn't have to do much with my father. He usually had me stay home. During the summer is when I had to go to grand balls and crap with him.

I continued to pace for a while. I wasn't nervous about our guests, I was close friends with the daughters, but that I had my father there with me. I stopped I front of my mirror on my desk. I leaned on my hands and sighed before looking into the mirror.

"No emotion. Stone heart. Cold inside. You have no strong emotion. You have a stone heart that will never break. You are cold inside," I walked to my window and placed a hand on it, "you are snow...beautiful but cold."

I was completely unaware that my new butler was standing in the door way listening to me talk to my self with a black tray in his hand.

"Umm... Mistress Lucy your guests are here," he said quietly. I snapped my head around and glared at him.

"How long have you been there? Didn't anyone tell you everyone is forbidden to come to my chambers!" I had stormed toward him and was now inches from his face. With my heels on I was eye to eye with him.

"I apologize my mistress. No one informed me," with that he turned around and left.

~time skip~

I had greeted my guests and was now having small talk with there daughters. They were all lower branches that worked with my dad. There were only three guest families today. Sometimes there can be a whole ball room full of people.

The daughters names were Lisanna, Levy, and Erza. They were good friends of mine. Well, good friends of Lucy Heratfilia, the cold hearted, sallow girl with a rich dad.

I always kept a straight face when I was with them and on occasion would give a slight smile. When I was little my father told me I looked ugly when I smiled or laughed with guests and that I was a disgrace. He told me to fix it, so I fixed by forcing myself not to smile. That was just one of the many hurtful things my father had done to me.

Though all eighteen years of my life a finally perfected my act of his perfect daughter. Straight element face, mouth shut, emotions hidden, and cold hearted. I hate him for making me into this. Into the perfect Lucy Heartfilia.

My guests left as quickly as they came. I was pleased by Natsu's work. He did well staying close and being quick. I was surprised because he hadn't had any training by the head maid yet. Maybe he didn't need it.

I sat alone in the empty room where my guests had been a few minuets ago. It was exhausting keeping up the same act all the time.

"I hate this..." I sighed and I relaxed my head back onto the couch I was sitting on. I stretched my arms out to my sides and sprawled my legs out. The silence made me think... My life is a fake mess. Draping my head back I let out a laugh. It was a pity laugh. The kind that made your skin crawl and your stomach drop.

"Lady Lucy? Shall I escort you to your chambers for the night?" I looked up to see the my butler standing in the door way.

"I suppose," I stood up and started walking to my bedroom attic with Natsu next to me. It was a few minuets of awkward silence as we walked. I glanced at Natsu and by the look on his face I knew he wanted to talk to me, but he was scared. Everyone was scared of me. I felt bad for what I had done to him, but I needed to survive in this home with my fathers approval. Before I knew it we were at my door.

"Miss Lucy? May I ask what you were laughing about before?" He tilted his head slightly.

I gave him a cold dark glare, "you may not." I turned and walked into my room.

"Goodnight my mistress," he bowed to me. I was ready to shut the door in his face when he whispered something that left me speechless.

"and thank you...For the piano," he gave me the same smile I knew as kids. I never thought I would get one of those smiles again, but there he was surprising me once again.

~time skip she is going into bed~

I sat next to my bed and pulled out a small blue flowers box. I opened the old box slowly after I had blown some dust off. In side were 12 zodiac keys. Yes, magic still existed. It was now rarer and in some places looked down on.

The keys had belonged to my Mother, Layla. I missed her so much. I wish I could still use my keys. It made me feel close to her. Damn father thinks I got ride of them a long time ago. He had forbidden me to use of see them. He thinks they are the reason of her death. Idiot. He can never face the truth. The keys saved my mother. The only reason she lived as long as she did was because of them.

Damn fool.

。・゜・(ノД')・゜・。

FINALLY!!! I have to say I'm not 100% proud of this chapter, but it will get better and more interesting I promise!!

Thanks for the support!