Sudden Tears

Hey everyone! I know you hate authors notes, so I'll skip everything and go straight to the story.

Enjoy!

Don't own FT

Dedicated to Anotherdamnotaku. Your comments make my day.

Natsu POV

Working here at the Heartfilia mansion hasn't been to bad. I do get calls from my father daily. He usually is apologizing, but I tell him its fine and then hang up. The only reason I talk to him is to hear about my little sister, Wendy, and maybe a bit about my older half brother Gajeel. Otherwise, I don't really want to talk to my father. I mean really? Who gambles there son? Bastard.

Miss Lucy doesn't call for me often and her father is never around. This place is quite lonely. Luckily, I have the other maids. I haven't memorized all there names yet, but I'm pretty sure their, Cana, Mira, Juvia, Evergreen, and Bisca. They were all very nice and helped me get used to living here. The others told me Miss Lucy almost never leaves her room unless her father is home and with her. I guess the guards I had met, Loke and Gray did have a point, but it didn't make sense. Why would she stay hidden so often and so long? I mean, she has a huge house and anything she could want... So why lock yourself up?

I had been washing dishes in the kitchen with Cana while Mr. Heartfilia was doing business in the main dinning hall, of course with Lucy there. It had been a while and I could just hear the sound of the front door closing and a car starting and leaving.  

"Looks like Mr. Heartfilia and his business men left," Cana said while looking out the window at the car drive away.

"I guess so. If you don't mind I'm going to go to my room now, my chores are done," all Cana did back was nod. While walking the tall ceilinged hall I went back to my thoughts. Lucy... Why does she isolate her self so much? The only answer I could think of was.. She's hiding something.

"Everything you could ever want... No rules... Cold and selfish...Why keep yourself isolated?" I thought out loud while walking. I was shaken from my thoughts when I heard a loud crash. A door slamming... Hard. I ran to the location of the sound. It was a room next to the dinning hall, small, cozy, and really had no purpose. I had a couch and two lounge chairs, a few book shelf, two small tables with things like vases, plants and such on them, and a desk with books and photos on it. The rooms door was open slightly, enough to see in. The door that had been slammed must have been the one that connects it to the dining hall. There, standing there was Lucy. Tears ran down her face, she had a face of anger and sadness mixed in one.

Suddenly, she let out a frustrated scream and threw her arms over one of the small tables, knocking everything off. The vase, that was placed there, fell to the ground. The shattering noise pierced my ears. I stood there a bit shocked and unsure of what to do. She clearly didn't see me and kept going.

She walked to the desk and leaded on her hands before pushing off the books full of photos. They scattered everywhere, but Lucy didn't seam to care. She walked right back tipping over the second table. The plant that was placed on it fell and dirt spread across the floor. Then her rage was gone, as quickly as it came. She was now curled up in a ball on the couch sobbing into her knees.

Before I even thought of what I was doing, I ran over to her and hugged her. She tightened up and gave a slight scream at first, but surprisingly relaxed. I sat on the couch next to her and pulled her on to my lap. I suddenly got a flashback to when we were little and playing with each other. I could remember running around and then Lucy falling. She cried because it hurt and I did the same thing I'm doing now... I held her until she stopped.

That's when I realized how much I had cared for Lucy and how I hated seeing her unhappy. At least, the old Lucy unhappy.

"Play for me..?" She mumbled into his shirt.

"What?"

"Play for me..."

Natsu took a second before understanding. She wanted him to play piano.

"Of course, Mistress."

~~~~~~

There a short little update. I might be updating more often, but in smaller chapters. Unless, you want bigger chapters, then updates might be farther apart. Anyway...

Comment

Vote

Follow!

Nutella~chan