Chapter 34.

The school year was quickly coming to an end and I was getting more and more nervous about Luke's decision of whether or not he would move to California that fall. I knew that he was eventually going to give in and go, but I was worried about him at the same time. I wanted to trust Luke and believe that he could handle living alone, across the country, but after his little breakdown a few weeks ago I was beginning to have some doubts. I just didn't want something like that to happen again and have Luke be all alone.

"Where is Luke?" Michael asked, interrupting my thoughts. It was like he was reading my mind and knew that I was thinking about him.

"He left school early, he had a doctor appointment to go to." I explained. Michael and I were sitting alone at our usual lunch table, both of us struggling to find something to talk about. The two of us were kind of lost without Luke, who always seemed to raise a topic for conversation. When it was just Michael and I we usually resorted back to talking about Luke or Calum. Which was fun sometimes, but also pretty boring.

"A doctor appointment? Is he okay?" Michael raised an eyebrow. I could tell that Michael had taken a strong liking to Luke in the short time they had known each other by the way he was always looking out for Luke, which I found really adorable. Michael had always been like that, no matter what he was always caring for someone else.

"He's fine. It's just a check up, I think. He has to go once a month for his...stuff." I said, for lack of a better word.

"Oh, yeah. He's doing better, right?" Michael asked, showing genuine concern.

"I'd like to think so." I shrugged, my mind going back to what I had been thinking about before. "He hasn't had a bad breakdown in at least a few weeks."

"That's good." Michael nodded. He knew just a little about Luke and what was going on with him, Luke had explained it to him one day just so Michael would stop getting so worried. Luke didn't really mind talking about it anymore, which was nice because he was now a lot more comfortable talking about these types of things with Michael around.

"I worry about him sometimes." Michael said quietly.

"So do I." I sighed, agreeing with him.

"I'm sure he has a handle on things now, he's okay." Michael assured me.

Just as I was about to speak my phone vibrated in my back pocket, making me jump a little at the sudden feeling. I pulled it out, seeing a new message from Luke light up the screen.

The doctor says I'm all good!! I miss you :-( come over after school?

"Is that Luke?" Michael asked as I typed back a response. "You're smiling like an idiot."

"He puts a nose in all of his smiley faces, it creeps me out." I laughed.

"I think Calum did that to me once, I told him to knock it off." Michael said, laughing along with me.

"Aw, you and your boyfriend are so cute." I teased, knowing that Michael would get embarrassed about this. I honestly loved the relationship Calum and Michael had with each other, whether it was just friendly or not. I liked that Michael had found another guy friend to hang out with that wasn't as awful as Ashton.

"So are you and your - hey, Calum is not my boyfriend!" Michael stopped himself.

"You don't sound so sure about that." I said, now laughing harder than I was before.

"I'm totally sure." Michael frowned. He crossed his arms over his chest, leaning back in his chair.

"Don't think I didn't see that picture he sent you the other day." I smirked. Michael needed to learn to be a little bit more careful about where he leaves his phone.