Chapter 35.

We were in the shower for what felt like hours, completely disconnected from the world around us. I felt so great with Luke, so alive, almost. I love when the two of us were able to do crazy things like this and forget about everything else going on in our lives. We didn't have to worry about college or moving or doctors appointments and what pills Luke was going to have to take after this. It seemed like all of my worries had literally washed away the second we got in the shower, and I was assuming Luke felt the same way too.

"I really do love you, so much." Luke mumbled, burying his face into the crook of my neck. He pinned me against the shower wall as he finally began to thrust in and out of me, gripping me tightly at the back of my thigh.

"I - I love you." I said breathlessly, wondering how Luke was expecting me to have a conversation with him during all of this.

Luke's lips worked their way up my neck, leaving a trail of short kisses and love bites until he reached my mouth. His tongue slipped in between my lips, tangling itself with mine as I dug my nails into his back, dragging them down hard enough to leave some marks on him. I moved my hands up to the nape of Luke's neck and dragged him closer, pulling him tighter against my body.

"Oh, God." Luke muttered under his breath, removing his lips from mine for just a second. "Stel, I - "

"Do you hear that?" I asked, stopping Luke from finishing his sentence. I could hear a faint beeping noise from downstairs, and I already knew what it was.

"I - what? Stel," Luke whined. He took a step back from me and turned off the water, stopping to listen.

"Do you hear that beeping?" I asked, pushing hair back from my face. Luke groaned, but silenced himself again once the beeping started up once more.

"It's the cake." He said, rubbing his hands over his face. He was trying to be serious, but I could tell that he was holding back a laugh as he said, "Our cake is burning, Stel."

Luke pushed the shower curtain to the side and hopped out, frantically searching around the bathroom floor for a towel. He picked one up off the ground and tied it around his waist, throwing another towel at me to cover myself up with.

"We are finishing this later." Luke smirked, pointing a finger at me. He ran out of the room and I followed after him, hugging the towel tightly to my body. Luke stumbled while running down the stairs, almost tripping on my shirt that was left over from just a little while before.

"Oh my God, Luke, it smells even worse than before!" I laughed as we made our way into the kitchen.

"Oh, shit." Luke groaned. "We're going to set the house on fire and then the fire department will have to come and see you all... naked!"

He picked up an oven mitt that was laying out on the counter and opened up the oven, shielding his face as smoke poured out. He grabbed the cake out of the oven and dropped it onto the counter, flinching as it almost fell onto the floor. He waved his hands in the air to try and get rid of the smoke, but that didn't stop the smoke detector from going off.

"Where's the smoke detector?" I asked, looking up at the ceiling.

"I don't know!" Luke yelled. He paced back and forth, also searching for the source of the beeping.

"How do you not know where the smoke detectors are in your own house?" I rolled my eyes. The piercing noise still didn't stop and Luke brought his hands up to his ears, trying to block out the sound.

"I get it, I burned a cake! Just be quiet, please!" Luke yelled at the ceiling, like he thought that might stop the noise.

"How did we manage to burn a cake?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.