3 - part 1

Louis

If I were to be honest, I am scared to go inside. I’m not sure what to expect and by the way Zayn was acting earlier outside, I am starting to wonder that maybe something is going on. It could be nothing, maybe Harry is just a little scratched up from the crash. Though, it could also have to do with the fact that all of us here and so tired and worried for him that all we really want to do is actually see Harry.

            When first hearing that Harry had gotten into an accident, I literally felt my heart stop. At that moment everyone’s gaze turned away from Simon’s―who broke down the news―towards where I stood. I could barely keep still, leaning myself against the nearby wall. I couldn’t hear what they were saying around me, just mumbles telling me he must be okay. All that went through my mind was whether or not I was going to see or even hear Harry again. That scared me, thinking that I could never see his face again, or even feel his arms wrapped tightly around me. I don’t want to think of the negative affects this crash could leave him but, it was hard not to. I had rushed to the hospital, not even grabbing myself a jacket before jumping into the car and demanding the driver to get to Harry as quickly as possible. On our way there, we passed by the scene on the main highway. The vehicles were both still there―including Harry’s now torn apart scooter. To think he isn’t allowed to ride those on highways, though of course why would he listen to the rules when he’s already breaking half of them? My body started going numb, holding on tighter to the car door.

            The waiting room was brutal. We all rushed into the hospital all at once, not even caring who was there and who would spot us. Of course, we had to sit and be patient. Sitting there, not sure what to say and having to sit still; it’s something One Direction isn’t good at, that’s for sure. It didn’t take long for my mother and Harry’s to come rushing in, meeting us up. We each greeted them in tight hugs, whispering soft words of encouragement towards Anne, wanting her to keep positive thoughts. I was the first to hold on to her, listening to her cries on my shoulder. None of us really knew if Harry was actually breathing… a thought we all didn’t want to admit nor talk about. I couldn’t bear siting in that area for more than five minutes at a time. Instead, I kept to myself. Sometimes I tried to get near to Harry’s room, of course, I was told to move. I didn’t once leave; I stayed and silently plead for Harry to be all right.

            I’m glad he’s alive and that I’m getting the chance to see him.

            Once the door was wide open, I took in a deep breath.

            My eyes took sight of him in the brightly light room. I can’t be sure if I actually walked in or if Anne dragged me in as I watched his body lay on the hospital bed with the top slightly raised so that Harry wasn’t fully lying down. His face was turned in the other direction, towards the window. I could tell he was asleep, just by the way his breaths were slow and peaceful. It’s the same kind of breaths I’ve heard while holding on to him before falling asleep almost every night.

            I take a few steps closer to him; I fight the urge of sliding my fingers down his arm and lace our fingers together. I become aware that I’m afraid of disturbing him. Harry was never known to be a light sleeper yet; here I am thinking he’s going to wake up with any little sound.

            I can feel Anne’s breath on my neck, standing really close. She’s halfway behind me, as if being a little frightened of her known. This kind of revelation to as how hurt Harry is, is more stressful than I’ve ever really anticipated. All my time in the waiting room I was demanding to see him. Now, here I am wishing that I wasn’t the first to say hello.

            “He looks so peaceful,” Anne whispers.

            I nod, my chest starting to relax a little more.