1.

I wake up to the light creeping through my window and the sound of birds chirping in sync. I love Sundays. I stretch my arms above my head and pull my pillow into my chest, in hopes of getting a little more sleep. I feel my phone buzz three times, but keep my eyes closed, ignoring it. It buzzes once more so I let out an annoyed sigh and check to see who it is.
Ethan: wake tf up
Ethan: get ur ass over here
Ethan: gray and I are having a movie day, but we don't want to cuddle each other
Ethan: we saved u a spot right in the middle ;)
I roll my eyes at how ridiculous he is and quickly respond
Melanie: ugh I'm up
Melanie: I'll be over in a few
Melanie: keep my spot warm until I get there weirdo
I get up quickly to get ready.

I should probably give you all a little background. My name is Melanie Ray. I am 17 years old, and I'm the definition of an average teenager. Please don't call me Mel, I hate it. There's only three people I will allow to call me that, and that is my beautiful mother, and my two best friends. Ethan and Grayson Dolan. I know what you're thinking: ETHAN AND GRAYSON FUCKING DOLAN. Yes. Them. I am fully aware that they are two beautiful creatures, but they are like brothers to me. I've known them basically my whole life. After my dad left, my mom and I moved into the house next to their's. Our moms became besties and ya know, we were kind of forced to hangout because we are the same age. It ended up working out, they're okay I guess. So let's get back to it.

I brush my teeth, and throw my hair up into a messy bun at the top of my head. I comb through my eyebrows and put on some mascara. That should be good enough, because knowing how our movie days usually go, all three of us will end up passed out on the couch for hours. Being lazy is our favorite past time. I pull on some plain black legging and a pale pink sweatshirt. I slip on my slides and walk next door.

I don't bother knocking, because I basically live here. I walk in to see Mrs. Dolan sipping her coffee on the couch and reading a romantic novel. This is something her and my mother have in common. It's like a two woman book club, they are so cute. "Hi Lisa!" I say going to give her a hug. "Hi sweetie" she pulls me into an embrace and kisses the top of my head. "The boys are upstairs in the bonus room" She says, looking back to her book. I can tell she is invested and don't want to bother her anymore, so I nod my head and make my way upstairs.