28.

Gray: you can come over now baby

I look up from my homework to see who texted me. "Baby" I read that message over and over again in my head. He's never called me that in a non sexual way. I feel the butterflies in my stomach from such a simple word, but I can't help to wonder what does it mean? I giggle at myself for getting so worked up over a text message. I seriously need to get a grip. I brush it off, and close my text books. I select shuffle on my playlist as "hopeless" by Halsey plays through the speaker and begin to pack an overnight bag. Slowly swaying my hips to the beat I start to sing along. It's nice to know that I can feel this way on the day I didn't think I could.

Boy you make it look so easy
Promise that I'm gonna call you back in five
Sorry baby girl but I can't tonight, oh
Boy you make look so simple

I'm interrupted by a few knocks on my door before my mom enters my room. "You seem happy" she smiles, cocking her head to the side watching me.
"I am" I shrug and turn down the music to give her my attention. She sits on the corner of my bed, thinking about what she should say next "any particular reason?" She finally asks with a giggle. I understand her curiosity, because usually on this day I shut everyone out. "Not really, Ethan and Gray just made today bearable I guess" I quickly turn back to my closet to hide the blush across my cheeks. I have a shit eating grin by just mentioning his name.
"You've been spending a lot of time with them lately" she says and I look at her to read her expression.
"So? I always have" I shoot back with a little more attitude than intended. She throws her hands up in defense "I'm just curious. I've noticed Grayson sleeping over a little more than usual, he's turned into a very handsome young ma-" I cut her off
"Mom we are just friends" I try to say nonchalantly to not seem suspicious. "Okay Mel" she smirks as if she knows I'm lying. She probably does because I'm a terrible liar, but I'm not going to push it. She stands up from my bed to place a kiss on the top of my head "have tonight sweetie, I know those boys with take good care of you" I wrap my arms around her waist and bury my face in her chest "I love you mom" she gives me one more kiss before leaving me to finish packing "you more" she mumbles before closing my door behind her.

I walk into the Dolan household to silence. I look around to the kitchen and then the living room only to find that they are empty. "Gray? Ethan?" I call out but get no answer. I make my way up the stairs and see a dim light coming from the bonus room. I push open the cracked door "guys? Where ar-" I stop mid sentence when I see what's in front of me. I'm quickly picked up into a tight hug, causing me to let out a squeal. "Happy birthday!" Ethan spins me around once before placing my feet back on the ground. I feel tears forming in my eyes. There's a blanket fort built in front of the tv, with countless pillows and blankets inside. Fairy lights are draped across with popcorn and candy laid out. "E did you do this?" I ask trying to blink my tears away. "Actually it was Grayson's idea, but I helped" he shrugs like it's no big deal. Grayson then walks into the room, pulling me into a hug that lasts a little longer than usual "thank you" I whisper and melt into his embrace. Ethan clears his throat furrowing his eyebrows at us. We quickly pull away from each other and I can't help but miss the contact already.
"Shall we?" Grayson gestures toward the fort with that same smile that I can't look at for too long without melting. It's not like it's changed over the past ten years, but for some reason it's like I'm just noticing how perfect it is. Damn I'm whipped.

All three of us are cuddled up in blankets regretting the embarrassing amount of candy and popcorn we've consumed. The nights been filled with belly laughter and the boys bickering over petty things. The Holiday is what we are watching now. I applaud them because this is my favorite movie, and I've made them watch it with me hundreds of time. Ethan usually groans when I suggest it because he thinks "Christmas movies shouldn't be watched year round", but who says he makes the rules? Tonight he suggested it though, which definitely made my heart swell. I can feel my eyes getting heavy from the low volume of the movie and the sound of Ethan's quiet snores. I turn over to face Grayson. To my surprise his eyes are already on me. "Thank you again" I whisper and earn a soft smile from him. "You don't need to thank me Mel" he softly speaks, tucking a stray hair behind my ear. We are laying in our sides, with faces so close that our noses are almost brushing. "I do, you always know how to make me feel better" I pause and place my hand onto his cheek "I've always loved that about you" I add at the end, speaking a little quieter to not wake Ethan.
"Oh yeah?" He lifts his brow and props himself onto his elbow "what else do you love about me?" He asks grinning like an idiot. I roll my eyes and push his shoulder playfully. "I'm serious" he smirks when he sees me start to ponder on what to say. "Well Grayson Bailey, where do I start?" I giggle and he cocks his head in curiosity. "I love you're obnoxious laugh. I love that you'll do anything for the people you care about. I love this little mole on your chin, and the scar just below it." He blushes and places his hand over mine. I follow his movement with my eyes, and lace my fingers with his "I love your hands. I love your smell and your lips. Damn I love your lips" I'm honestly just thinking out loud at this point, not even realizing that his face has moved closer to mine. I finally look up at him, holding my bottom lip between my teeth. He snakes his hand under my shirt to the small of my back, pulling me into him. His lips are hovering over mine with his eyes boring into me. "Kiss me" I whisper with a shaky voice.
With that our lips crash together. Filled with hunger and desperation, I swing my legs onto either side of his hips deepening the kiss. I tug on the hem of his shirt to let him know I want it gone, but he pulls away and looks over to Ethan still peacefully sleeping. "Lets go to my room" he smirks and pulls me to my feet. He jerks me into him, whispering into ear "this is going to be the best birthday you've ever had baby girl"

Lets just say he wasn't wrong.

Authors note: sorry this chapter is long as shit... oops