20.

Grayson swings his arm around my neck, as we walk down the hallway "you look good today" he says pulling me in tighter. I look down at my frumpy clothes, and give him a strange look. My hair is in a messy bun, I have zero makeup on, and I'm wearing my glasses. "I think your glasses are hot" he adds with a smug look on his face. I huff out a breath and nudge him playfully "thanks Gray" I giggle. Even before we stared having sex, he's always made sure to tell me that I look pretty on days I feel that I don't. I don't know if he's just trying to be nice, but it's something I've always appreciated.

We reach my locker, and he leans up against the one next to mine. I'm switching the books I need for homework, and complaining about how much I have, due to me skipping with Ethan. "Ugh I'm going to be up all night" I whine and slam my locker door. When he doesn't respond, I let my eyes meet his. He's not even listening, his gaze is looking past me with a flirtatious smirk lying on his lips. I turn to see what he's looking at, or who he's looking at. I see her, she's young, maybe a freshmen. Her long dirty blonde hair is trailing down her back. Her innocent blue eyes are flicking from the floor to Grayson. She makes eye contact with him and blushes, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. I watch her giggle with her friends at the attention, then turn back to Grayson who still has his eyes fixed on her.
"Go talk to her" I wave a hand in front of his face.
He gives me an "are you sure" look and I nod with a reassuring smile. The smirk that was once on his lips makes another appearance. He pushes off the locker leaning down as if he's going to kiss my cheek, but instead he whispers "I still want you tonight" then gives my ass a quick squeeze before walking away.

*at home*
I slam my pencil down onto my notebook, and squeeze my aching eyes shut. I've been doing homework for hours. I rest my head into my hands, running my fingers through my tangled hair and slightly tugging out of frustration. My phone rings, starling me a little. It's Ethan.
Melanie: "hey E"
I say with clear exhaustion in my voice.
Ethan: "what's wrong? Are you okay?"
It's cute that he worries.
Melanie: "I'm fine, I just have a lot of homework" he lets out a sigh of relief at my response
Ethan: "well I'm hungry. I'm waiting outside in my car, come with me"
Melanie: "Ethan it's almost midnight"
Ethan: "come on, I'll pay, pleeeease"
he puts emphasize, making me chuckle slightly
Melanie: "fine give me five minutes"
I hear a faint laugh before he hangs up. I can never say no to him, it's so annoying.

I pull on a hoodie, and quickly fix my hair. I tell my mom where I'm going, then open my front door. Ethan is parked in front my house, leaning against the passenger door of his black BMW. I shake my head at his smirk lying across his face and make my way toward him. He opens the door for me "such a gentleman" I joke as I take my seat and close the door. I watch him jog around the front of the car and then slide into the drivers seat. "Where to sir?" I ask in a proper voice, earning a laugh from us both. "Toni's" He starts the car, and turns up the music slightly. Toni's is a local diner that we have gone to since we were kids. I lay my head against the window, slumping down in my seat and close my eyes. We sit in silence as he drives. I take in the comforting noise of passing cars, and his quiet hums to the music.

Authors note: I noticed I have 2 followers and people are reading as I update! Thanks so much! I have the next chapter already written and it's one of my favorites! I would love to hear some feedback on this book though, so feel free to let me know what you think!