02

yeji's point of view

TWO 둘 : SHY GLANCESㅤ

TWO : SHY GLANCES

"Is that what this is?" I asked while showing the group of boys my ink-stained palm.

Their jaws suddenly dropped, resulting to a look of confusion given by me.

"Something wrong?" They stayed silent for a while, thinking up of something to say.

"Nothing, haha." Youngmin nervously laughed. The others joined in with the cute snaggle tooth boy looking especially suspicious. I had yet to learn his name, considering the fact that he's been ignoring my whole presence ever since I entered the classroom. His nametag was nowhere to be found on his uniform, either. He was a whole mystery.

A very cute mystery.

"I don't think its nothing.." I dragged on. "You guys seemed pretty shocked. As if your nonexistent girlfriends just told you she was pregnant or something."

"Pshh no! We were just shocked that you had exactly what I was talking about, and the fact that you've met your soulmate so soon." Daehwi giggled deviously, eyeing the snaggle tooth boy. He hit Daehwi in an obvious manner, telling him to stop it. The boy looked flustered.

Who is this soulmate of mine that I've apparently already met? I raised my eyebrow at them and decided to join in their laughing circle. It was better for me to forget about it. The odd laughing quieted down and we ate in silence.

"What's your name, by the way?" I asked the snaggle tooth boy as we were packing up our empty lunch boxes. He finally made his first ever eye contact with me, but glanced away quickly, looking bashful. A small smile crept onto my face.

"It's.." He paused.

"Woong!" Donghyun answered for him, putting his arm around the so-called Woong. "It's actually Woo but for nickname sakes, we call him Woong. Cute, isn't he?" He squeezed Woo's cheeks and the latter huffed out adorably.

"Just Woo? Only one syllable?" I held up my pointer finger.

"The rest is a secret." Donghyun winked. The other boys looked at him as if he were crazy, and I myself started doing the same.

Woo glanced at me again and nodded, confirming his name as Woong.

"Hi, Woong." I eye-smiled.

third person pov

Yeji left to go to the bathroom and the four boys quickly huddled together in a circle.

"Yah, Park to the Woo to the Jin! Mister PWJ! What are you gonna do now, huh?" Youngmin whisper-yelled.

"I don't know I don't know," Woojin repeated and looked at Donghyun in slight frustration. "Why'd you keep my name a secret? What are we gonna do when the teacher calls me WOOJIN and not WOO or WOONG?"

"Plus, Woojinnie got in trouble for forgetting his nametag today. Once he wears it tomorrow, she'll obviously find out!" Daehwi told them, crossing his arms.

Donghyun shyly laughed in guilt at the sight of his three troubled friends. "Gosh, I wanted to spice things up a little bit but didn't think things through. I just thought that it'd be boring if she automatically found out her soulmate was our Woojin." He put his hand around his nape, smiling innocently at them with doe eyes.

"There's plenty of people who could have the initials PWJ, though. And maybe she might never realize it." They nodded.

Woojin looked at his surroundings out of nervousness. He decided to leave the group to go back to their classroom early by himself. They didn't question, knowing that their precious buddy probably needed some time to think. But then someone decided to stop right in front of Woojin as he was walking.

"Where are the others?" He looked up to once again see the hot topic of the school, Ong Yeji. He immediately regretted the choice of route he had taken, which of course passed by the front of the girls' restroom. 

"They're still in the cafeteria," Woojin told her while trying his best to avoid her eyes. Every time he looked straight at her, a part of his tummy started feeling all tingly, and he hated it. "I just decided to leave early to take care of some things back in our classroom."

He's only ever glanced at her a few times, but the more he did it, the more obvious the tingling feeling got. He felt sick.

Almost love sick.

It made him feel weird, going through all these things although he practically knew nothing about herーexcluding the fact that she liked to dance and that her favorite color was yellow, which were all parts of her self introduction.

Was it maybe because he realized she was the girl written on his palm? Or what if even without the initials written on either of their palms, would he still be feeling this way? Would they have still ended up as soulmates?

"Ohh, well I heard in the restroom that classes for the rest of the day are cancelled. Teachers are having some emergency meeting." She told him with excitement.

"Really?" His eyes met hers.

"Yeah, they're gonna announce it in a few min—" Yeji was cut off by loud speakers.

"ATTENTION ALL SUNDEOK HIGH STUDENTS, CLASSES FOR THE REST OF THE REMAINING DAY ARE CANCELLED. TEACHERS ARE CURRENTLY HAVING AN EMERGENCY MEETING ABOUT THE NEXT FUTURE EVENTS WE ARE HOLDING. MAKE UP CLASSES ARE TO BE HELD AS NIGHT CLASSES, BE PREPARED AND STAY SAFE WHEREVER YOU'RE GOING AFTER THIS ANNOUNCEMENT."

Woojin and Yeji both pouted at the mention of night classes. They looked away shyly from each other once they realized that they were both matching facial expressions. Cute ones, too.

"Woong," She said out of impulse. "wanna go somewhere with me?"

"S-Sure, I'll text the guys, too." Woojin motioned to take his phone out until she stopped him with her hand.

"Just us." She laughed nervously, letting go of his hand.

"Huh?" His cheeks started to feel a hot sensation.

"For some reason, you just seem like someone I'd click really well with," He knew the absolute reason why. "so I wanna get to know you first out of the rest of them. Haha, this is so weird. I've never asked someone out like this before."

Woojin took a good look at her and smiled. She smiled back and looked down at the floor, nearly blushing.

"Let's go then," He grabbed her hand. The two walked out of the school, hands intertwined with one another's and all eyes on them.

An awkward duo they were.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

i luv donghyun HIS WINK
what a great man