25

third person pov
—time skip, sundeok xmas retreat

third person pov—time skip, sundeok xmas retreat

TWENTY FIVE 스물다섯 : HOT TEA OVER THE ONGS

The students boarded the charter bus, full of excitement. Many were wrapped in all types of scarves, coats, and gloves. Yeji especially. She had gotten sick the day before. The cause was unknown, but she still willingly came along. An event like this was too much to miss.

Another person who seemed to join them was the one and only Park Jihoon. Roommate of Bae Jinyoung. The day that the retreat was announced, Jinyoung told Yeji and Woojin of his relationship with the boy. His hometown was two hours away, and his mother just happened to be close friends with Jinyoung's mom. Jihoon recently got accepted into an acting-based school near SUNDEOK, and in order to save some more money, Jinyoung's family decided to let him stay with them while he's there.

"Who is that? Is he coming with us?" A girl whispered not-so quietly. "He's cute!"

Jihoon awkwardly smiled and turned to Jinyoung. "I told you it wasn't a good idea making me come with you.."

"I agree." Daehwi stated, arms crossed. He was looking forward to spending quality time with his own soulmate, but a third party decided to join.

"Hey," Donghyun nudged him. "You're being so obvious."

"And? Bet he already knows." Woojin and Youngmin both laughed at his reply.

Jinyoung broke a sweat and played it off cool. "Haha, still can't believe Woojin's mom let Jihoon be with us! He's not even a student of hers."

"I was surprised, too. Usually she doesn't agree to those kinds of things. Maybe because he and Yeji used to know each other. She loves Yeji." Woojin informed.

"Well then," Jinyoung eye-smiled. "Thanks, Yeji!" 

Yeji smiled back weakly. "No problem〜"

Jihoon glanced at her. Although the two recognized each other, they had yet to have a proper conversation together. If Jinyoung or Woojin weren't around, one of them would immediately try to escape.

The bus ride itself was calming. Woojin of course sat beside Yeji, choosing the window seat in case she gets cold. It was still quite early in the morning, resulting to Youngmin and Donghyun falling asleep on each other's shoulders. Jinyoung apologetically chose to sit with Daehwi. Jihoon ended up next to Seongwoo, stiffly trying to make a conversation with the fellow school president.

"Sorry you're stuck with me." Jihoon said.

"Hah, it's fine. I would've been all alone. Being surrounded by pairs of soulmates who are all kind of connected is tiring sometimes." Seongwoo tried to ease Jihoon's concern.