06

—  flashback, ong seongwoo

SIX 여섯 : FIRST LOVE STORIESㅤ

It was a week and a half before dooms week, where Seongwoo would have to spend his whole days studying to his hearts content. He arrived home from school with the knowledge that there was a new student—a girl specifically—and she had the same last name as his. He never got the chance to meet her since the school day ended abruptly, but there was new gossip that she and his friend Woojin were already a thing.

"Hey, home early?" Seongwoo glanced over at his bedside to see his best friend, Kang Daniel. He attended the same boarding school as Lee Euiwoong, and they were on some early break. The boarding school was about an hour and a half away. Euiwoong's family lived in Seongwoo's area too, so every break Euiwoong would find a temporary job at whatever place nearby.

Seongwoo laughed and threw his bag on the floor. "What are you, living here?"

"I guess you could say that," Daniel grinned as he played around with a random baseball that was laying around the room. "Mom let me in this morning right after you left." He called Seongwoo's mom his mom too, proving their closeness.

Seongwoo laid down on the bed next to Daniel and turned on the remote. They watched TV together in silence, giggling every few minutes. A new drama came on and it changed up the atmosphere drastically. Daniel was still going through a massive heart break, and every time he saw a happy couple it reminded him of his old relationship.

"Seongwoo. Do you believe in love?" Daniel asked, still staring at the on-screen couple.

"Um I guess so.. You still haven't forgotten about her?"

The teary-eyed boy shook his head. "It's been almost three weeks, and I'm still this stupid wreck. Pathetic, huh?"

"Everyone can be a little bit pathetic sometimes," Seongwoo mumbled.

"Every thing that reminds me of her makes me sad. When I meet someone who has the same hairstyle as her, the same smile and similar traits of her, my heart just feels so weak and vulnerable. As if it'll completely break.. She was my first love, for freaking sakes. My first everything."

Seongwoo didn't know the details of their relationship. Her name was anonymous to him, too. His friend liked to keep his love life secretive and only talked about her every now and then. But once they broke up, he himself broke. Everything he saw was her. And everything he thought about was her. Seongwoo didn't know what to do for his friend who was madly still in love with a girl who didn't seem to be around anymore. She apparently still loved him too, so Seongwoo had no idea why they broke up.