12

yeji's point of view

TWELVE 열둘 : MOM TO PALM TALKㅤ

Friday came soon. Woojin had invited me over to meet his mom and my mind was in a whirlwind, unsure of what to do or say. The meeting was scheduled to be right after school. I sat in class fumbling around with my fingers, anxious to know what was ahead.

"Pssst!" Daehwi whispered at me. I turned my head and looked at him.

"Hm?" I mumbled, trying to be as quiet as possible during the class lecture.

"You're meeting Woojinnie's mom today right?" He smiled as I nodded. "Don't worry too much, she may seem intimidating since she's super rich and all but she's actually really cool."

Smiling back and giving him an 'okay' sign, we went back to focusing on whatever was going on in the front of the room. Daehwi's words mildly relaxed me, but I was still uneasy regardless.

The bell rang and school was over. Woojin turned around his seat and flashed a smile towards me, making my heart flutter a bit without realizing.

He slung his bag over his shoulders and stood at the front of my desk waiting for me to finish packing up. Once I finished, he asked, "Ready?"

"Yeah." I replied, nodding multiple times.

"Good luck!" Youngmin chanted as Donghyun gave us a supportive fist motion. I glanced over at Daehwi who shot finger hearts at us. Laughing, I waved goodbye and followed Woojin out of the building.

Once we reached outside, a fancy black car with tinted windows parked right in front of us.

"Oh," Woojin murmured. "I guess we aren't walking home today."

"I-Is that your mom in there?" I gulped.

"Maybe. Or it could be my chauffeur."

"Chauffeur? Why won't you just let them drive you around then! It'd be easier for all of us.."

He chuckled. "I told you already, only a few people know my mom's the CEO."

"Whatever, let's just get in." Woojin motioned and opened the back seat door first, taking a look at who the driver was. Not saying anything, he let me step inside first with the cliché 'ladies first' gesture.

The inside of the car was nice as expected. I glanced up at the driver who seemed to be an old man, a grandpa. "Hello." I greeted and bowed as soon as Woojin was able to take a seat and shut the car door.