Chapter 2

Nico's P.O.V

I was sitting at a black, round table on the veranda of my self-built cabin, watching gloomily as Annabeth and Percy held hands whilst walking through camp. The green Greek fire torches on either sides of my cabin's front door blazed stronger for a second, as if it sensed my jealousy but quickly died back to its usual flicker when I was startled by a voice behind me.

"Morning, Nico!" it sang into ear. I swiveled around to come face to face with Leo Valdez. I let out a yelp of surprise, becaue I had not expected the owner of the voice to be that close, and quite literally fell off my chair. Leo started howling like a hyena and continued laughing as I stood up and brushed myself off, rubbing my slightly sore bum. 

I grunted as I set myself down on my chair once again. "Whatcha doing?" he asked, reminding me of that girl from the lame kid's show where two boys invent stuff in their backyard. What was her name again? Iris? Isabelle? Whatever. I glared at the curly haired boy and propped my elbow up onto the table, resting my head on the palm of my hand and setting my gaze on the two love birds once again.

Man, they were kissing. Leo slowly turned his head to find out what I was glaring at - big mistake. He started grinning like a cheshire cat and I suddenly felt beads of sweat forming on my palms and the back of my neck. Had he found out? Did he tell anyone? "W-what?!" I snapped.

"Ooh Mr. Lovey dovey is blushin'!" Leo sang and his grin grew even more. My eyes strating darting around frantically, worried that someone might have heard him saying that. "What are you talking about?" I hissed, glaring at him. He shrugged "Man, I knew that Annabeth attracted a lot of boys but I never would have thought that the king of ghosts himself would be into her!" He flailed his arms, as if to emphesize his shock. 

I swear I will personally drag him down to Tartarus if he doesn't keep his big, fat mou- Wait, hold up. WHAT?! I choked on the air that I was breathing as I slowly registered what Leo had just said. Me? In love with ANNABETH?! I must have been turning purple from lack of air because Leo's grin melted away and was replaced by a panicked look. I coughed a lot as Leo tried his best to hit my back repeatedly and calm me down.

When I finally regained my composure, I managed to glare at Leo once more for making my back look like someone had taken a giant pan, burning at 100 degrees Celcius, and hit me on the back with it. Now that my brain was working again, I didn't think that the fact that Leo though that I was into Annabeth was too bad. I mean, at least it'll conceal my crush on Percy right?

"Uhm.. yeah.. I.. me.. Annabeth.. sure.. whatever." Okay, maybe my brain wasn't working 100% yet. Just then, I could see Percy and Annabeth walking towards us. I groaned inwardly. Leo started nudging me in the ribs and I seriously considered maybe nudging him back.. with my sword..

"Hey, Leo. Hey, Nico. What's up?" Percy greeted. I mumbled a simple 'hey'. "Oh hellooo you lovely people! Annabeth, you look particularly stunning today! I'm just gonna go and make a baby's carriage for a special couple.." Leo spinned and grinned. I thought his lips were going to rip from grinning so much.

Annabeth cocked an eyebrow and looked at Leo as if he'd just turned into a dog with three ears or something. Leo danced and hummed as he walked back to his cabin. "So, any plans for today, Nico?" Annabeth asks. "Oh you know, maybe Iris-message Hazel or get some gossip from a few of the dead.. not much." I shrugged. 

"Funny, we were going to invite Hazel and Frank over for a movie night. Wanna join?" Percy asked, smiling at me. My heart fluttered for a second and I nodded. "Great." Annabeth grinned. "Annabeth! Could you help me with something?" I heard Chiron's voice from the Big House. Annabeth swivled around and jogged over to him after giving Percy a light peck on the lips.

I swear, my ears were pink. "Hey, Nico. You seem pretty gloomy these days. Is everything okay?" Percy asks with worry in his eyes as soon as Annabeth was out of sight. "Vuoi uscire con me?" I mumbled in Italian. Will you go out with me?. Of course, he didn't understand what this meant. No one in our camp speaks Italian except for me.

"Nico, are you mad at me or something? You've been saying that almost everytime we see each other and I don't understand what it means. Please, Nico. If I did something wrong just tell me." he pleaded. "Nothing" I grumbled, walking into my cabin and slamming the door in the process. I hated seeing him beg or be desperate. But I couldn't bring myself to tell him about my crush either.

Hey Percy! I'm gay and I love you! Let's kiss and have a happy ever after. As if. You're probably thinking: 'This Nico guy is pessimistic as fuck'. Gee, ya think? Besides, I'm not being pessimistic. It's called 'knowing the reality'. Percy is obviously straight as a pole and madly in love with Annabeth. I sighed as I flopped onto my sea green bed and sank into it. 

To those of you who are wondering, my cabin is mostly black and silver with a few objects that are sea green. For example, my bed. I think the reason why I chose this color is pretty clear. I had summoned a ghost that could cast aromatic spells so that any object I choose could smell exactly like I want it to.

I summoned him to cast a spell on my bed to make it smell slightly like salt water. The aroma was not too strong so that I could only smell it if I had my head on my bed and breathed heavily. The scent always seems to calm me when I feel hectic or just stressed.

I know that it seems really cheesy being the son of Hades and all but my feelings for Percy are genuine. It pains me that I can't be with him so this is my only solution. I've tried to move on, run away, but my feet always seem to lead me back to him. I sighed as I sniffed in some more of the salt water scent as my eyes slowly drooped for a nap..