Chapter 10

Nico's P.O.V

He wants to watch a movie with me? Alone?! Maybe he just wants to make up for yelling at me or something.. Yeah that's got to be it.. Don't get your hopes up, di Angelo. I picked out some fresh clothes that I could wear and did a quick check in the mirror. Breath, Nico. He just invited you as a friend. I swiftly ran my fingers through my hair as I slipped out of my cabin and trudged over next door. Drawing in a deep breath, I knocked on the door.

It swung open and Percy grinned at me. "Hey! Come in!" he said, urging me through the door. I stepped in awkwardly. His cabin was pretty clean and I always found the view of the lake from his bed so mesmerizing. Of course, I'd never tell anyone that. "Ok so I picked out a few DVDs and they're on the coffee table so feel free to pick a couple out" he called from his kitchen as he opened the finished popcorn bag and squeezing in a few drops of blue food coloring.

He started shaking the bag vigorously and I couldn't help but laugh at his facial expression. Startled by my laugh, he looked at me slightly dumbfounded but stuck his tongue out at me a few seconds later. I could feel my cheeks heating up so I quickly turned away and busied myself with the DVDs. I soon found "Warm Bodies" and popped the CD into the DVD player.

"I somehow knew you'd pick that movie" Percy grinned as he sat himself down next to me. The couch we were sitting on wasn't that roomy either so we were both basically squished. But of course, I didn't mind. We watched the movie silently until I saw Percy turn his head towards me. I turned my own head in his direction and found him looking me dead in the eyes. His piercing blue green eyes shone bright even in the dim lit room and I found myself falling deeper into a trance.

"Vuoi uscrire con me?" I could hear myself whispering before I even had the chance to shut myself up. Percy responded with a puzzled look and I looked away. "Nico.." he said softly. I couldn't bear to look at him. It tore my heart to pieces that I couldn't have him. Percy turned my head towards him gently and looked me once again in the eyes. "Please, Nico. I need to know what that means" he pleaded. "It's nothing" I mumbled. My gaze dropped down to my knees.

"I like you" he suddenly said. "I know. I've been like a brother to you ever since I came here" I sighed miserably. "No, you don't understand. I really like you. Nico.." he trailed off. "I'm gay" he whispered softly. I don't know why but I suddenly felt a burst of anger inside me. "How dare you?" I hiss. Again, Percy looked at me puzzled but also with pure shock. "Just because I kissed you that time you think I'm gay and mock me by saying you're gay too?" I asked, outraged. 

I couldn't believe it. Everyone knows about the infamous Percabeth couple and how loving they are to each other. How could he be gay if he's in love with Annabeth? He's clearly mocking me. "No, Nico that's not it. I'm being ser-" "Fine, maybe I am gay. Maybe I do like you. Maybe I did want to kiss you so badly. That doesn't mean you can mock me!" I yelled, with hot tears rolling down my cheeks.

I quickly stood up and stormed out of his cabin and into mine, making sure to lock the door before throwing myself onto the bed. I sobbed into my duvet but ended up ripping it off my bed and onto the floor, thanks to the stupid salt water aroma. I never knew he would do this to me. I would have been fine with loving him from a distance and knowing that I'll never have him but for him to mock me about it? Now, that's just crossing the line.

"Nico, I'm sorry. Please let me explain" I could hear Percy plead from the other side of the door. He banged on it a couple of times but I stayed rooted to my spot on the ground next to my bed. "Neeks, you don't understand. I love you" I could hear him faintly say. "Stop!" I shrieked, shoving my fingers into my ears. This is exaclty why I did not want to tell anyone about my sexuality. It just ruins everything.

I could hear Percy's muffled pleas even if I have my fingers plugged firmly in my ears. I pulled my knees closer to my chest and rested my forehead on them. Percy's pleas soon quieted down until I was sure that he had given up and gone back to his cabin. My eyes were red and swollen by that time and I took out the Mythomagic figure and stared at it for a moment.

"Bianca.." I whispered softly. "What should I do?" I felt a gush of warm wind as if Bianca were in my room. I couldn't see her but I knew she was watching over me. I suddenly felt much calmer at the thought of my sister being around. "I miss you" I whispered, letting a tear roll down my cheek. It's been years since I've seen her and I missed her so much because she was always there for me since I was born. After all those years, I still find it hard to believe that Bianca was not alive and not by my side anymore.

With complicated thoughts and worries in my head, I slowly dosed off into an uncomfortable sleep..

An updaaaate!! It's not long but I've got so many rough ideas crammed in my head so I'm slowly testing out on how to unravel those thoughts and ideas into this story ;) And OMG 9.2k views and 401 votes?!?! You guys are amazeballs!! EEEEPP!! I'll make sure to update as soon as possible! I love you guys so so much <3 <3 <3

cutiemunch