Chapter 8

Percy's P.O.V

I was still lying on my bed, beating myself up for actually thinking that I had a chance with Nico when Annabeth suddenly walked into my cabin. "So...?" she asked. I looked at her with a cocked eyebrow and she sat next to me on my bed. "Did you ask Nico?" she asked, expectantly as she crossed her legs, facing me.

I sighed and grabbed a nearby pillow, burying my head in it. She tore it away and looked at me weirdly. "I'm going to guess that it didn't go well" she said, furrowing her eyebrows. "Thank you for pointing that out, Ms. Captain fucking Obvious" I grumbled, rolling over and laying flat on my face. "Woah there. What did Nico exactly say that got your panties in a twist?" she asked. "Number 1, I do not wear panties. 2, you were right." I grumbled into my duvet. 

Suddenly, Annabeth grabbed the collar of my shirt and pulled me up so that I was sitting up and choking me half to death in the process. I rubbed my neck and coughed histerically and glared at her. "What was that for?" I managed to croak out. "You're being a pussy." she said simply. "What?! I don't even like no pussies" I said, cracking up a few seconds later at my own joke. I am fantabulous. But of course, Annabeth didn't find it funny and whacked me upside the head. 

"Dude, I'm seriously going to end up bruised and hurt if you hit me anymore or hurt me in any way" I mumbled. "Then tell me exactly what happened" she half yelled in frustration. "You were rght, He kissed me because he was mad." I sighed. I was soon engulfed into a hug and Annabeth patted my back. "I'm so sorry" she said. I didn't say anything. Instead, I buried my head into the crook of her neck and stayed there as Annbeth kissed the top of my head.

"Look, Percy I just wanted to te-" I pulled away from Annabeth, looking up in surprise and saw Nico standing at my door with his hand on the doorknob. His face hardened and left, closing the door and without saying another word. I looked at Annabeth and she shrugged. "I bet he was going to tell me that he actually had a crush on you and that he was sorry for kissing me" I mumbled to Annabeth. 

She sighed, exasperated but held me closer, hugging me tightly. "I'm really sorry, Seaweed Brain. I wish.. I wish he could just see how much he means to you.." she whispered into my hair. "Thanks, Annabeth" I said. "What for? I stole your crush and that's basically the reason why you've been so depressed." she laughed dryly. "But you're always there for me. Besides, you can't do anything about the fact that someone likes you" I stated and looked straight into her stormy, grey eyes.

Her lips formed into a slight smile. "I'll always be here for you, Percy. Jut like you've always been there for me." I smiled back at her and flopped back onto my bed. "Why couldn't I be straight and be in an actual realtionship with you? Things would've been so much easier." I pondered, mainly to myself. "I don't think you could be in a relationship with me if you were straight and if I were still gay" she chuckled. "Well, I mean if we were both straight" I said, staring at my ceiling fan.

"Yeah, it would have been a lot easier, wouldn't it?" she chuckled. Suddenly, I heard a knock on my door and Frank's head appeared. "Uhm.. Sorry to interupt you guys but it's Ares' Cabin's turn to do cabin inspection in a few minutes and you know how Clarisse is so.. I though I'd give you guys a head's up" he grinned and gave us a thumbs up. "Thanks man." I grinned back.

Frank left the cabin shortly after and Annabeth stood up from the bed. "Well, I'm going to have to check that my siblings are really cleaning the cbain and I should really help out." she said as she headed for the cabin door. I stood up with her and she gave me one last, tight hug. "It's going to be ok" she said and kissed my cheek. I forced a smile and nodded as Annabeth left my cabin.

I sighed as I flopped back down on my bed, which I jut noticed was really messy. "Why..." I groaned as I finally pushed myself off of the bed and got out my vacuum cleaner. It had been 20 minutes since I'd started cleaning my cabin and I was seriously sweating like an elephant. Wait, do elephants even sweat? I mean I guess they do but do they like sweat so much that people say "they sweat like an elephant"? Do people even say that? I'm... getting off-track... aren't I?

Well, I was just about finished and putting my duster back in the closet when I heard a knock on the door. "Open up, I'm here to inspect your pigs-sty" A voice yelled from the other side of the door. I could literally hear the smirk on that person's face. Unfortunately, I knew who the voice belonged to and opened the door quickly before she headbutts it and breaks it off its hinges. Clarisse stepped in and gave me her usual scowl and looked around my cabin carefully.

"A four out of five" she declared. "What? But but, I just spent a whole 20 minutes cleaning this place up!" I spluttered, waving my hands around like an idiot. "Yeah, well you broke my spear" she said, truning her nose up in the air and crossing her arms. "That was years ago!" I cried out desperately. "I don't care"  she smiled evilly before slamming the cabin door shut, leaving me standing in my cabin and just staring at the door with my mouth wide open.

"Clarisse, I am so going to get back at you" I snarled under my breath. I decided to go outside  for some fresh air and to cool down my anger a little bit and saw Nico sitting under Talia's tree. Just as I was about to go up to him, I saw him having a deep conversation with Hazel, whom I had not noticed was also sitting under the tree. I hid behind the bushes and strained my ears to hear about what they were talking about.

It felt so wrong to be eavesdropping but I figured that it might be the only way I could find out about Nico and what's troubling him. Maybe he'll even tell her about the things he's been saying to me in Italian. "So what's up with you and Percy?" Hazel asked. Bingo! Nico buried his head in his hands and sighed. My heart sunk a little to see him so depressed when he hears my name. "He'll never love me, Haze" Nico said. So they were talking about Annabeth. He really does like her..

Wait, hold your pegasi.. Did Nico say 'he'? I shook my head and strained my ears once again. I might have heard wrong or something. "Percy's so madly in love with Annabeth! He probably sees me as a brother or a friend but he'll never come close to liking me. I mean he's fucking straight for christ's sake!" he cried out. My heart raced a little faster. So he does like me.. 

Then it me.. hard. Everytime he had looked so sad and depressed wasn't because he was in love with Annabeth. He was sad to see me with her. And he didn't kiss me because he was mad.. He really did mean it. And when I asked him if he did it out of anger.. Well, he sounded pretty mad but it was only because I sounded like I didn't want to have the kiss and that i'd rather just confirm that he didn't really mean it. 

I mentally facepalmed myself as I slowly started to realize that all the things I had been doing to cover up my sexuality had only driven my crush away from me.. Who apparently also has feeling for me. I sawy Hazel standing up after patting her  brother's back and I ducked down farther down the bushes in case she saw me hiding here. Nico was left alone and I watched him closely as he started plucking grass. "Vuoi uscire con me?" I could barely hear him mumble. 

So what could that mean?!

A/N Hi, gys! i'm so sorry for taking so long to update!! AGHH!!! Percy knows that Nico has a crush on him!! So what's he gonna do?? And thank you so much for the votes!!!! You guys are all amazing and I luvs you!!!!

cutiemunch xxx