Chapter 6

Percy's P.O.V (finally!!)

*Go back to when he was shouting at Nico in the practice arena*

"Then tell me what it means!" I yelled. 

I couldn't stand to think that Nico was mad at me. He'd been mumbling things in Italian when I'm around and it kills me not to understand what he's so upset about. 

"I can't!" he yelled back. 

I felt furious now. I needed to know what I had done to upset him. 

"Aren't I your friend? Aren't friends supposed to tell each other everything? Why do you keep avoiding me?!" I shouted. 

I was mad. I was mad that I couldn't have him. I was mad that I was gay. I was mad that I was in love with Nico di Angelo. I was mad that I had maybe upset him. Suddenly, something sparked in Nico's brown eyes and he was soon inches away from my face.

"Well, why do you have such gorgeous green eyes that when I look into them my heart beats faster?" he yelled and he pulled me down by surprise and pressed his cold lips onto my hot ones. I kissed him back fast and closed my eyes. I have been dreaming about this since I had found out about my feelings for Nico and I was afraid that if I opened my eyes, I would wake up in my bed. 

Just as I had confirmed in my head that this was, in fact, really happening, my lips felt empty. I opened my eyes stunned as I watched Nico run away from me and he was out of the arena before I could call out his name. 

I sunk to the ground and looked dazed around me. My fingers automatically brushed across my lips, which were swollen.  Had I really kissed Nico? It finally clicked in my head that I could maybe have some kind of chance with him. I scrambled up to my feet and ran out to see if I could see where he had run off to.

"Nico!" I tried to call out. I didn't get an answer so I searched the whole camp, in hopes of finding a small olive skinned boy that has dough-like big brown eyes and long black hair. I burst into Athena's cabin and found Annabeth alone, working on something I couldn't quite figure out.

"Annabeth" I doubled over, trying to catch my breathe from running around the camp. 

"Percy? What's wrong?" she dropped everything she was working on and came over to me, guiding to her bunk so that I could sit and rest. 

"I kissed Nico" I said. 

"That's great! So he's also gay? He likes you back?" Annabeth beamed at me. I shook my head. 

Ok ok rewind, stop. 

Annabeth, my 'girlfriend', is happy over the fact that I had kissed a boy? Well, Annabeth is also homosexual. When we both found out about each other's sexuality, we wanted to keep it a secret so Annabeth, being the thinker she is, suggested that we could act as if we were dating. 

Everyone thought that we liked each other so I went with her suggestion. No one has suspected anything. Annabeth has a crush on Reyna and I've had a crush on Nico for so long, I don't even remember when I started liking him. We've been concealing each other's feelings by 'dating'.

Okay so forward, play. 

"It's not like that. He just ran away" I buried my head in my hands. 

"What? Why?" she frowned. 

"I yelled at him. He kept mumbling things in Italian when I'm around and I had a feeling that he was maybe upset at me. So I kinda yelled at him to get him to tell me. Then he kissed me and ran away." I sighed, exasperated. "What if something happened to him? He might be hurt because of me. He's going to be even more upset at me" I wailed.

"Maybe he wasn't upset at you. I mean you didn't really understand what he was saying, right? Sorry, Seaweed Brain but I think you kinda jump to conclusions." she looked at me like a mother looking at her son after he had covered himself and the house floor with mud. 

"Then why'd he kiss me?" I frowned. 

"To shut you up?" she chuckled. I chucked a pillow at her face and she skillfully ducked, avoiding it.

"I'm serious" I whine. 

"You think I'm not? Maybe he'd had enough of your yelling and just wanted to shut you up somehow." she shrugged. 

We both knew that Nico couldn't be gay. Anyone, I mean ANYone could see that he was clearly into Annabeth. Annabeth laughed when she first found out about this but I knew that she felt guilty about taking Nico from me. Well, technically that couldn't happen because Nico wasn't mine.

"Hey, maybe he's bi!" Annabeth said. I looked at her with a 'really' look on my face and she put her hands up in self-defense. 

"Just saying, Mr. Got his panties in a twist" she mumbled. I sighed as I stood up and headed for the door. 

"I'm going to go look for him a little more" I said behind my back and walked out to be greeted by Hazel.

"Percy, have you seen my brother?" She looked up at me because she was literally a head smaller than me. I would have found her really attractive if I didn't like dicks. Haha very funny, Perce. 

"Uhm.." I scratched the back of my neck. "No?" It came out as more of a question than an answer. If I told her that Nico had run away because of me, she would seriously hit me with thousand of her magic jewels and be cursed for eternity. *shudders*

"Oh. Well, I couldn't find him anywhere and I was wondering if you knew where he is" she looked down in concern and disappointment. 

"I'll help you look for him and I'll tell you when I see him." I smiled at her, warmly as she nodded and left. I left as well, determined to find him.

***

I was soon in the woods when I heard someone sobbing. I hid behind a tree and peeked around to see him. Long hair, black clothing and a skull ring. His head was buried into his knees and he was shaking terribly. Before I could even go and apologise to him, he stood up and in a gush of wind, he disappeared. I sulked and started to panic.

*

I'm such an idiot! I kept beating myself up as I paced my cabin. If something went wrong with him, I would never forgive myself. I heard my door creak open and Annabeth stepped carefully into my cabin. "Hey, wise girl" I forced on a smile. "C'mere Seaweed Brain"  she opened her arms and I dove straight between them, taking in her familiar scent. 

"It's going to be ok, Perce. Just ask him maybe if the kiss had meant anything. If it did then tell him about your own feelings. If it didn't then.." she hesitated. 

"I know, I know" I mumbled into the crook of her neck. 

"Hey, why don't we go get some ice-cream?" she pulled away, grinning.

Sooo crappy! Having slight writer's block! Thank you to everyone who has voted and read and liked my story! I really hope that you guys enjoy what I write. I'll try to update as soon as possible!

Much love,

cutiemunch