Chapter 9

Percy's P.O.V

I walked back to my cabin as soon as Nico left. As I neared it, something smelt fishy.. No, I mean literally. Something smelt like a sushi bar. It didn't really bother me because it was my favorite type of food. Don't laugh. I know you're snickering. -.- Anyways, I walked into my cabin and smelt not only seafood but the salty breeze as well and realized that I had company.

"Dad?" I called out. The man who sat on my bed with his Hawaiian shirt and beach shorts turned around to face me and I saw the familiar face of Poseidon. "Percy" he greeted. He smiled and the corner of his eyes crinkled. His face always managed to calm me at times of despair. It was like looking at a calm, clear sea, shining emerald green. "What brings you here?" I asked not unkindly. I was honestly suprised because the Gods don't usually pop in to say 'hi' very often. Well, not that I know of anyways.

"Oh you know.. I just wanted to see how you were doing.." he started slowly. I crossed my arms and looked at him with a cocked eyebrow and an expression that said 'are you purposely trying to test my intelligence? Do I look like a believe you?'. Dad sighed in defeat and looked at me. "Percy, I.. I've been watching over you.." he started again. I signaled him to go on. "You probably know that I know you're.. well.. gay.. and I know that you've had feelings for Nico.. and that you know that Nico likes you back.." he kept trailing off at the end of every sentence and I was slowly becoming impatient. 

"So..?" I prompted. "Hades came to me recently and told me that Nico was at his place yesterday and it broke his heart to see his son at such misery. Poor Nico thinks that you're so madly in love with Annabeth and that his chances with you are long gone but Hades and I both think that that's far from true. You probably do too. You like him and he likes you back so that's already a start, isn't it?" Dad held his breath and looked at me with raised eyebrows. 

My brain was still funtioning pretty slowly because of all the new and surprising news that was being crammed into it all in the same day so I probably looked like a fish out of water. Hey! Stop giggling about my sea/water references. I'm Percy Jackson. I'm allowed to do that! "What I'm trying to say is.. Why don't you make the first step? I'm not telling you that you have to do it but I just think that it'll be hard to get anywhere if you don't make the first step. Nico is such a shy young man. He's lost so many loved ones and believes that his crush is in love with someone else. Maybe you can give him a little spark" he said with a light smile.

Without a word, I walked over to my dad and gave him a big hug. "Thanks, Dad" I smiled. "No problem, kid. I'm just sorry that I can't be around that often. We still have occasional attacks from Gaea's children down at my palace and I can't afford to avert my concentration elsewhere." he explained. "Don't worry about me. I'll be fine" I smiled at him reassuringly. "Percy, I must be going now. I'll try to be back soon and in the meantime, think about what I said" he gave me a wink and vanished with a light spray of salt water.

I plopped down onto my bed and thought hard about Poseidon's words. Maybe he was right. I could make the first move. But I didn't want to straight out tell Nico that I'm gay. That would be way too weird. Besides, he doesn't know that I know he's gay yet. I could hint that I'm gay and that I have feelings for him.. But what about Annabeth? As long as I'm with her, he would think that I'm straight!! Arghh I've never done so much thinking since the last time I tried to read a poetry in front of my old class. Believe me, with dyslexia, trying to read English is like trying to decode some alien language. Brrr

Trying to drop hints didn't seem like a bad idea and I could always talk to Annabeth about the whole fake relationship thing so I decided that I was going to start right then. I got up from my bed and threw on some fresh clothes. This hot stuff's gotta stay fresh; especially when he's gonna go out to see the ladies. Well, in this case Nico but.. eh same thing. I walked over to Nico's cabin which is literally next door and knocked nervously on his door. The door was opened slightly and Nico's cute little face peeped out of the crack and looked up at me with his gorgeous, big brown eyes.

Percy. Snap out of it. You've got to stay cool. Sassy. Fantabulous. *snort* "Hi" I smiled. "Uhm hey.." he replied shyly. "What's up?" I asked. "Nothing.." he mumbled. "Well, I was hoping you'd watch some movies tonight. This time, we'll watch something we both enjoy and not what Piper likes to watch. I think we had enough of that last time" I chuckled. "Sure. Who else is going to be watching?" he asked. "Just you and me" I smiled. Nico's eyes widened and his cheeks became red. My heart fluttered at this sight and for a moment I lost my cool. Ah whatever.

"U-uhm.. Alright.." he stuttered. "Just come over when you're ready. I'll have all the DVDs and snacks ready" I smiled before retreating back to my cabin. When I reached my bed, I immediately started picking out DVDs and popped the popcorn bag into the microwave, trying to get ready as quickly as possible. I just wanted him to get here soon. All through the cleaning up and getting ready, I couldn't wipe off the grin. That's when I  concluded.

Perseus Jackson, you are truly in love with Nico di Angelo

So so sorry for the long wait!! I've gotten so many comments to update and so many votes so thank you guys so much! It means the absolute world to me that so many people enjoy reading my stories! I'm on summer holidays now so I'll hopefully be updating a little more often. Again thank you so very much and I love you guys!!

cutiemunch