Chapter 11

Percy's P.O.V

Well that went shittier than I had expected.. I'm such an idiot! I should have waited it out a bit until that kissing incident was forgotten.. I plopped myself down onto my bed, buried my head in my plams and sighed. I heard a soft knock on my door and I mumbled for the person to come in. "Hey, Seaweed Brain" Annabeth greeted me softly as she walked towards me.

"I fucked up" I wailed. "Hey sshh no, you didn't fuck up. Sure, maybe it was too early. But Nico's just confused. There are so many things unexplained like you being in a relationship with me but suddenly coming out to him and such. Just let him cool down and explain this whole thing to him" Annabeth consoled me. 

"Wait, hold up. How do you even know about me coming out to him and this whole thing being flushed down the drain?" I asked confused, lifting my head up and looking at her with a cocked eyebrow. "I was going to come over to you because I was bored and overheard him screaming at you.. Then I hid myself while you were wailing like a defected whale outside his cabin" she chuckled nervously, rubbing her arm. I sighed. 

"Why is it so hard being gay?" I whined. "Tell me about it" Annabeth laughed dryly. She threw herself, face first, onto my bed and groaned. "I'll never set things straight" I whined some more. I was rapidly losing my sass and it was all because of this stupid, pale, gorgeous, cute, adorab- hold up. Eh whatever. I'm not wrong anyways -le little 18 year old boy.

"Yeah, with your brain full of salt water, you ain't fixing this anytime soon" Annabeth tsked. I glared at her. "Down, boy" she laughed. Why oh why couldn't I have been normal and be dating this amazing girl? Why can't I see her as more than just an awesome friend? Why couldn't I grow hard when she changes in front of me?! *cough* *cough* Oops. Forget that.

Annabeth rolled over to her back and stared blankly at the ceiling. After a few seconds of silence, I finally broke it. "Annabeth.. Could you maybe talk to him? I know he'll never listen to me and I can't face him right now but I desperately want him to know about my feelings for him. I can't hold it anymore. And *sigh* I never thought I admit this to your face but you are a heck lot smarter than me.. THERE. I SAID IT. Now take that pan and hit me on the head because I feel very inaccomplished right now for saying what I said about you and would rather lay unconscious on the floor than have you dancing around and constantly remind me of it.." I groaned but soon looked at her with my trademark puppy dog eyes. "Pwease?"

"Thanks, Seaweed Brain. I'll do it just because you finally admitted that I'm way smarter than you" she laughed. "Besides, It was unfair of him, not to hear you out, even when you were trying to explain. I'll get some senses knocked into that boy" she seethed, glaring at the wall. I laughed nervously, afraid that she would break Nico's neck.

"Do you think it'll work?" I asked. "If it has me involved in it, it's sure to work out" she smirked as she pushed herself off of my bed. "I'm leaving. Catch you later, Seaweed" she called behind her as she strutted out of my cabin. I shook my head as I lightly chuckled. Then I remembered my dad and his whole fatherly, matchmaking speech and my face hardened. "I tried, Dad. I tried" I mumbled, feeling miserable all over again.

~P.O.V Change~

Nico's P.O.V

"Nico, it's me. Open up" I heard a familiar voice demand from the other side of my cabin door. I sighed as I got up from the uncomfortable position that I had fallen asleep in for a good few hours and trudged over to the door. "Look, Annabeth. I'm really not in the mood righ-" I was cut off abrubtly as she shoved her way into my cabin. Well, aaalrighty then..

Annabeth swiveled around as I gloomily closed my door and walked back to my bed and sat down, facing her who was pacing my room with her head down. She finally sighed, relieving the tension in her body. "Why am I always the one who has to set things straight for that fish brain?" she mumbled to herself, rubbing her temples. "Oh no no no. If this is about Percy then just leave. I have no desire to talk about him at the moment" I groaned, getting up to get ready to push her out the door. 

"Hold it right there, you bag of potato. I'm not in my nicest mood right now so just sit and listen to me" she narrowed her eyes at me and pointed at the bed. I gulped cause this girl can be shit scary when she wanted to be so I obeyed her and sat cautiously back down on my bed like a scared puppy. She sighed once again but her facial expression softened. "Look, Nico. I know it's all very confusing for you but all you had to do was hear that poor boy out. He's been mumbling and pacing like an idiot for the past few hours and can't think straight, thinking that he messed up everything that he had with you" she explained.

I scoffed. "So you believe him and his stupid act? He's mocking me, Annabeth. He's mocking me because-" I stopped myself before I could continue. She doesn't know I'm gay. "Because you're gay and in love with Percy?" she looked at me with her arms crossed and a cocked eyebrow. I was at loss for words. How did she know? She sighed exasperated. "How.." I trailed off. "Nico, I'm lesbian. I'm not dating Percy and I never have. He's in love with you, idiot" she said. For the second time, I couldn't find my voice.

He had been gay all along? "Wait, how do I know you're not just making this up?" I looked at her skeptically. She gave me the 'really?' look, placing her hand on her hip and looking at me like I couldn't put 2 and 2 together. "Do I really look like I'd go as far as lying to you that I'm a lesbian?" she challenged. "Please" she scoffed. I frowned. She was right. She'd never lie and say she was a lesbian.. Not that there's anything wrong with being one, mind you. 

"Percy's been in love with you this whole time, Neeks. But he apparently didn't have the balls to admit so he and I got involved in a fake relationship with him. We both wanted to conceal our sexuality. He realized now that this has only driven you away from him because you thought he was in love with me when in reality, it was you all along" she said that last part softly.

I opened my mouth but now words found its way out. I was rendered speechless. Everything slowly started to make sense and this all came and smacked me straight in the face. "And I think it was so unfair of you to just slam him out when all he wanted to do was set things straight. But I understand that it was a little hard to take in at first" she sniffed. 

"Since when?" I managed to mumble out. I felt like my sister when she had confirmed that I was gay. "Neeks, I've been friends with Percy for years and as soon as we learned about each other's secrets and started 'dating'," she made quotation marks in the air with her fingers "all he's ever talked about was you" she smiled lightly. "And of course about himself and how wonderful he is. He'll always be an idiot" she snorted. I chuckled lightly. 

But I felt so guilty. Like Annabeth had said, I shut him out before I could let him explain things to me  and make everything so much easier. It was stupid of me and I was kind of embarrassed to think that I had accused him of mocking me. I can't imagine what he would have felt. Annabeth must have seen my worried face.

"Hey, that poor boy has been wailing since.. that incident and thinks he fucked everything up. Why don't you tell him that that's not true?" she suggested softly. I nodded briskly and stood up, heading for my door. But before I walked out, I turned around briefly. "Thanks, Annabeth" I did my very best to smile. She laughed. "Hey, I always have to clean up after that fish brain and fix all the crap he messed up so you don't have to thank me" she smiled genuinely.

For the umpteenth time that week, I felt so happy to have a family right here at this camp.

Two updates in a week!! I must really have nothing to do this summer.. Oh well, I do this because I love you guys ;) I've reached 10.8 views and 511 votes!! That's insane!! Thank you all so much for liking this story <3

[IMPORTANT] If it ain't much trouble for you guys.. I'm shitty at making covers for my wattpad stories. If any of you are interested in making an awesome cover for 'Save Me From Myself', I will love you forever and give you shoutouts and maybe mention you in the book or whatnot haha. I just really hate the cover that I have right now. If you do make it, please send it to violinvocalise@gmail.com . Again. Thank you all so much for supporting this story! I'll update soon, I promise ;)

cutiemunch