Chapter 12

Percy's P.O.V

I heard a slight knock on my door. "The door's open" I yelled, loud enough for the person to hear. Maybe Annabeth was back. I hope she didn't break Nico's neck or something.

"Hey" I heard a soft male voice. Confused, I lifted my head up from my hands and saw Nico standing by the doorway. He fidgeted with his hands, taking great interest in my wooden floor. I was startled to see him. I guess Annabeth's little talk with him worked after all.

"Look, Nico. I'm so-" I was cut off abruptly. "No, I should be the one apologizing. I didn't let you explain things through and just jumped to my own conclusions. I shouldn't have done that." he answered quickly.

"I shouldn't have blurted it out" I countered, mumbling. "We both made mistakes" he concluded, the corners of his lips twitching upwards. "You can say that again" I grinned, scratching the back of my neck, feeling as if a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

"So.. we good?" I asked him. He nodded, giving my a small smile which made my heart flutter. Damn, the things this boy does to me. "When and how did you find out that I was.. gay?" he asked, suddenly.

"I.. overheard you talking with Hazel under the big tree and.. yeah.." I trailed off, feeling guilty that I eavesdropped on them. "Oh." he said, dazed. "And so you're also gay" he said slowly, as if he were trying to confirm it. I nodded.

"And so is Annabeth" I added. "So you never loved Annabeth?" he questioned. I shook my head lightly. "Not her," I confirmed. "but you" I said, quietly. 

After a moment of agonizing silence, Nico spoke very quielty but startled me nonetheless. "Can I kiss you again?" I could hear him barely whisper. I stood up from my bed and walked over to him, not breaking eye contact. 

"Only if you don't run away like last time" I whispered back, my lips brushing against his cold ones ever so slightly. Nico shivered but soon closed the space between us, wrapping his arms around my neck. 

This time, we didn't kiss as if we were trying to eat each other's lips off. It was a slow, passionate kiss; we were savouring the moment. Just like last time, our lips moved in perfect sync, his cold ones with my hot ones.

I instinctively places my hands on his hips, pulling him even closer to me. This was an amazing feeling. This one kiss was more than Annabeth's throughout the years all together. But that should be normal since we're gay and stuff. This kiss was just everything I had dreamed of doing since I found out about my crush on Nico.

Ok, now I sound like a sappy girl but whatever; let my be gay for once. Don't laugh. 

We both pulled away at some point to catch our breaths but we continued looking into each other's eyes. "Ti amo" he said softly. Thankfully, I understood that. Probably because it was the only Italian phrase that I understood. "I love you, too" I said back, giving him a light peck.

He turned red and I chuckled at how cute he was being. Suddenly, I noticed a figure standing at my door. I panicked, thinking that someone was watching us. Thankfully, Nico's back was facing the door so he didn't see that anyone was watching us. I blinked but the figure disappeared in an instant. 

I bit my lips, nervously but decided not to tell Nico. He's been through too much today. "Are we going to tell the others?" he asked suddenly, snapping me out of my thoughts. "I don't know. I haven't thought about that. What do you think?" I asked him, shrugging.

"I think we should keep low for now." he trailed off, uneasily. "I mean, everyone thinks you're still in a realtionship with Annabeth and I'm not quite sure that I'm ready to come out yet" he explained. I nodded in agreement.

"So it'll be our little secret?" I gave him a lop-sided grin. "Well, Annabeth would know about us.." he pretended to think but a grin was visible on his lips. "But it'll still be our secret. Only ours" he grinned. 

"This has got to be the best day of my life" I chuckled. "Agreed" he smiled. "Shall we finish the movie?" I glanced at the half full popcorn bowl sitting on the coffee table in front of the paused scene that was displayed on the TV screen. "We shall" he replied, plopping himself down on the couch where we had our.. fight.

He patted the empty space next to him and I reluctantly sat down. 

Throughout watching the movie, I couldn't help but ask myself about what we were now. Were we dating? Friends with benefit? I wanted us to date, sure. But I didn't want to ask him and make him think that I'm desperate and intimidate him. I mean we only confirmed each others feelings for one another literally 15 minutes ago.

Should I wait until he asks me? What if he's waiting for me to ask him first?

"Perce?" I was pulled out of my train of frantic thoughts. 

"Huh?"

"You alright?" Nico asked. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I lied. It wasn't a total lie though. I got to confess my feelings to my crush, he likes me back, we had an amazing kiss; what's not to be alright about? You're not officially dating.

"I don't know.. You were frowning" he stated. "Oh, it's nothing" I waved it off, hoping that he would drop the subject. Thankfully, he just shrugged and averted his attention back to the movie.

***

"So are you guys dating now?" Annabeth asked. She was lying on her stomach on my floor and I was on my bed sitting cross legged. I had explained her everything that had happened since Nico walked back into my cabin and back out after the movie and maybe *cough* a few make-out sessions *cough*.

I sighed. "I don't know" I admitted, truthfully. "Didn't you ask him or something?" she asked. "I didn't want to intimidate him. Besides, he only found out about me being gay and liking him today." I explained.

Annabeth nodded slowly. "You've got a point there" she said. "See, I'm not always brean-dead" I beamed, frowning a moment later when I realised that I just insulted myself. Annabeth must have realised that too because she cracked up like fireworks on New Years. Wait. What?

"As if" she said, wiping away tears when her laughter finally subsided. "Whatever" I mumbled. We settled into a comfortable silence for a while. "So I guess we should break up" she said, in mock seriousness.

"I guess we should" I replied. "Annabeth Chase, I no longer require you as my girlfriend. I, Percy Jackson, have found another lover and therefore wish to break up with you" I imitated a judge at court, trying my hardest not to laugh. 

"I shall grant your wish. I, Annabeth Maria Chase, am no longer your girlfriend" she played along.

"Your middle name is Maria?" 

She whacked me upside the head with a pillow. "You should have known that by now, you brain dead doofus" her voice filled with mock hurt.

"Okay, so maybe I am brain dead 50% of the time" I trailed off. She gave me a look.

"Ok 75%" The look didnt go away.

"80" Annabeth was still frozen with the same expression.

"90" I sighed, irritated. Still, the look was still there.

"Fine! 99.9% of the time!" I yelled in surrender.

She laughed and rubbed her knuckles against my scalp.

"And that's why you're my best friend"

I'm sooooorrryyyyyy!!!! I have been procrastinating!! Bleh.. But I'm baaaack with a new chapter!! Omigod was that kiss scene just hot or what?! Anyways.. 15.2k views and 700 votes?!?! INSANE!! You guys are the best :D I loves youzzzz <3 <3 <3 Thank you all so much for the support. More chapters with be coming your way with lots of twists and turns so look out for that! Until next time!! :D

cutiemunch