First Day, First Mission

Ruby P.O.V

I was sleeping soundly on my bed which is top bunk from one of the two bunk beds in our room.

My eyes felt warmer as rays of sunlight beamed out from the window.

Morning had finally come as I sat up while I moved over my blanket off of me.

I yawned and rubbed my eyes as I looked around and saw that my friends were still sleeping.

I smiled as it gave me the chance to get ready and give my friends a bright and early role call.

Soon I changed out of my black sleeveless top, white pajama pants with a scattered red rose design, along with my sleeping mask that I wear, into my Beacon school uniform.

I smiled brightly until I then puzzled and thought to myself, "Am I missing something? I feel like I'm not entirely dressed up. Oh! I know!"

How could I, Ruby Rose, forget the most important thing in my life which represents me and my style in combat and clothing, the way it makes my semblance look awesome, along with how it makes my name Rose a little more literal.

I reached into one of the two closets we had in our dorm as I finally got my red hood out.

I smiled brightly and put on my red hood as I then walked over towards our writing desk.

I swiftly grabbed my trusty whistle which was placed on the desk, as I finally had it over my neck I took a nice deep breath until I inhaled and blew into my whistle while making its loud whistling noise.

All of a sudden everyone in the room yelled in fright as Yang, Nora, Jaune, and Weiss all fell on the floor.

I smiled as I then said with soo much energy, "Good morning team RWBY and team JNPR!"

Weiss glared at me as she then said while she stood back up, "What in in the world is wrong with you Ruby?! You can't just wake people up like that!"

Yang also said a bit tired and sluggish as she was kneeling on the floor, "Weiss has a point there Rubes, and besides, why wake all of us up?"

I proudly pointed at my sleepy older sister, "Because sis, it's my duty to make sure you all wake up with enough energy to get throught the day!"

Blake had sighed and then asked me, "Is that really the reason you woke us up early?"

I chuckled nervously as I said happily, "What are you talking about Blake? You must still be to sleepy to be thinking straight!"

Blake raised an eyebrow as she crossed her arms as I then lightly blushed, as I had my hands behind my back while I looked down and said, "And, also it's because I don't want us to be late like last year."

I swayed one of my feet slowly as Pyrrha smiled and got out of bed and stretched.

The amazoness gladiator then happily said while she yawned and rubbed her eyes, "Well, let us not fret! We should be getting ready by this time if we do want to make a very good impression. Thank you Ruby, it is very generous of you to wake us all up."

Pyrrha then smiled as she walked up to me and saluted me while she said, "Thanks again fearless leader, and for your true commitment as one!"

I then straightened up my posture as I saluted and smiled back at Pyrrha, while I said seriously like a commander, "I appreciate the kind gesture private Nikos."

We both then looked at each other as we then lost our straightened postures and started to chuckle gleefully.

Soon enough we all had finally gotten cleaned up and ready for the morning.