How The Story Continues

Ruby P.O.V

Sleeping in was always a good sign for me and my team, especially since it meant that all four of us are gonna have some time to ourselves.

Well, originally that's how it was supposed to be, until our friends of Team JNPR came back in very bad shape. Now it's just a matter of time for all four of us to wake up and get ready to go visit them for some friendly support.

In the meantime though, me and my team are still sleeping, but that can change pretty quickly with the help of Chip.

Soon I started to wake up as I felt something nudge its head under my chin, while I then realized it was Chip who started licking me. This made me start to smile and giggle, as I tried to evade his kisses with my hands which only caused me to giggle even more. I petted the Beowolf puppy as I then said, "Ok Chip, I'm up! Down boy, down!"

The little Grimm listened and sat down in front of me as he panted while wagging his tail happily. I petted Chip on the top of his head, as I looked around the room to see my team still sleeping. Of course, I saw my sister Yang with her hair spread out all over her bed, as she looked completely knocked out.

Yang always was the heavy sleeper, but now that I think about it Dad sort of does that too. Chip made his way down my bed by jumping off, while I did the same and yawned once I felt my bare feet touch the carpet.

Once I started stretching myself awake, I then heard someone groan as I looked behind me and saw my partner Weiss sitting up on her bed. Chip responded to this by running and then jumping on to the Schnee Heiress's bed, as he licked under Weiss's chin which caused the Ice Queen to slightly giggle.

Weiss sighed and petted the Beowolf puppy as she said, "Good morning to you too Chip. At least it wasn't Ruby's obnoxious whistle that she uses sometimes."

My eyes widen a bit in shock, as I then pouted and placed my hands on my hips. Honestly, I really shouldn't be surprised, but boy was I not ready to take that kind of comment head on.

My white haired partner in training glanced over and then quickly jerked her head to look at me. She placed her hand over her mouth, as she embarrassingly spoke, "Ruby, good morning, and um......it looks like it's going to be a lovely day."

I narrowed my eyes at her as I then said a bit offended, "Blake was right, you really don't like my whistle!"

Weiss now looked like she was adjusting herself back into the Ice Queen we all know and love, as she rolled her eyes and groaned a bit and said, "I'm sorry Ruby, but I absolutely despise that whistle, especially since you always seem to get a thrill for waking me up last with that thing!"

How could she even say something so untrue! I mean it is kind of fun to use it whenever I want my team to wake up early, but that's besides the point. I kept on pouting as I then said, "Hey, I use my whistle to help us get ready for the day. Besides, the only reason I blow my whistle at you is because you usually take a while getting ready Weiss, since you always like to take your time in the bathroom."

Weiss looked offended as she then defended herself and said, "Excuse me, but when you have pale skin like mine, you should stop and think how I keep it from breaking out because of the sun!"

She got out of her bed and stood in front of me, as the heiress then said, "I also need to apply my moisturizers, along with some hair products, nail polish....."

Weiss stopped before she had to name another one of her 'necessaties,' while I smiled playfully at my partner and said, "Weiss, I think you should probably stop, before you keep making yourself look like I should use my whistle more often."