Chapter One // First Blushes

Hi! Im very, very excited to start this new fanfic. I really wanna thank greaserbabes and OutsidersFangirl_1 for inspiring me to do this. Yes yes I know it was never recommended (because I usually dont write a lot of fanfiction) but I thought it'd just be a good choice for my first one. So I hope you enjoy this first part. Happy Fourth everyone!

Status: Edited

Ponyboy's POV
I woke up earlier than usual, feeling not so tired and actually pumped. I promised Johnny that today we'd have a whole day to ourselves, just the two of us. He told me he couldnt wait.

I kinda missed how it'd be only me and Johnny hanging around, for reasons.

Here's the thing, I have a very, very, very big crush on Johnny. It's changed the way I see myself, but I don't care. I love Johnny and I thought he was the most adorable person I've ever met.

The way his eyes light up under the stars just make me fall in love with him even more and the way he chuckles is beautiful.

Now I know you might think it all sounds ridiculous, but I always wonder what it'd be like to be able to kiss Johnny, to hold him, to be able to... touch him.

Whoops, there goes my blush again.

I know to myself if I ever come out to Johnny, our friendship would be over. I cant bare to see Johnny leave me, it'd hurt bad. When I get up from bed, I didn't see Soda. He must've gone with Steve last night, those two are always up to something.

I grab a pair of jeans, a sleeveless shirt and converse. I quickly throw them on and swift out of the house.

Man, I didn't think Johnny actually woke up that early. I dont even know what time it is. I can only imagine its about five in the morning since its still pretty dark out.

Johnny's POV
Pony'd been telling me he wanted to spend a full day with me, I couldn't keep my excitement. So I told him that we could do whatever he wants.

Lately, I've been getting some strange feelings for Ponyboy, feelings that I don't understand completely.

Even Two-Bit teases me about looking at Ponyboy, I just cant help it! But golly! Pony's so damn attractive! And those feelings have been killing me.

Though, if I tell him-nah I know he can't feel the same way. I know for sure if Darry finds out, he'll hurt him. Pony doesn't deserve that kind of beating for loving someone.

I walk until I see someone standing on the sidewalk. Ponyboy.

Ponyboy's POV
I see a figure walking from the lot over to me. Johnny. He walked fast til went up to him. "Hiya Johnny, how are ya?" I finally met his big, precious eyes.

"I'm doin' real good Pone. How bout you?"

"I'm lookin' forward to that sunrise any minute now." I'm such a liar, I loved every second I spent with Johnny, he just doesn't get it does he?

A/N: sorry about the perspective switching, I gotta work on it.

Johnny's POV
When Pony asked me how I was doing, I meant that I felt real happy when he said he wanted spend a day with me. I literally thought of why he would wanna spend his time with me, the pet who can't contain his feelings for his best friend. I guess he just likes to keep me around, like they all do.

"So Johnny, I was thinkin',"

"Yea Pone?"

he giggled softly.

I closed my eyes and tilted my head around to sorta stretch a little. I had no clue why Pony was laughing to himself, until I opened my eyes and immediately felt a hand pull me up from the sidewalk.

I almost tripped, but he pulled me back up. Pony grabbed my hand and started running. I followed him down the sidewalk. He slowly stopped me as he grabbed my shoulders and lifted himself up.

Ponyboy, are you serious.

I was kinda excited because I knew what he was doing.

We don't usually do this but I guess Pony just wanted to have some fun with me.

Ponyboy hoisted himself up on my back. I grabbed his legs and put them in between my hips since he was pretty tall.

"Johnny," he said and put his hands on my shoulders, slowly rubbing them.

"Yea Pone?" I dearly admired his cuteness.

"Walk me all the way to the end of the curb." as I walked down the street, with no one there to see us, it was fun.

I felt Pony's fingers stroke my back softly, and then trace up to my shoulders. Is he teasing me in some way?

"Alright Ponyboy," I say to him, then laughing at the end. I moved my hands from his legs up to his thighs for a tighter grip.

Man, this sure is a long block. As I run down, Pony starts to laugh and I do too. I grip onto his legs more. But I accidentally moved my hand too far down, reaching the very very edge of his jeans.

Shoot, I went too far.

I blushed madly.

Ponyboy's POV
Johnny had me on his back for a few minutes now. I felt his hand go down my back softly and reach the back pocket of my jeans.

Oh golly, My face felt like it was burning.

I bit my lip roughly.

"S-sorry Pone." I noticed something rosy on his cheeks, even his dark skin couldn't hide it.

"Hey, it's alright Johnnycakes." I felt his cheek with the back of my hand, his face was pretty warm.

Aw poor Johnny, he must've felt embarrassed.

I took a finger and very gently stroked Johnny's scar on his cheek. I heard him wince so I took my hand away.

"A-ah, easy on the mark, Pone."

"Sorry Johnny." I felt terrible that hurt the love of my life.

A/N: such cheese 😂

"It's okay, Pony." he sighed and chuckled.

I said nothing and just laid my forehead against the collar of his jean jacket, putting my hands against his shoulders.

Johnny turned his head to me. "You enjoying this Pone?"

I smiled, nodding my head up and down. "Mm hm."

Johnny slightly laughed by huffing his nose and grinning at me. How adorable. "Good."

I laid my head on his shoulder where I could see his face. I loved how golden his skin was, even without the sun or any light upon it. I just loved how it looked.

Especially his eyes, I thought they were beautiful the minute I looked into them.  Johnny's eyes, Johnny's face, I loved the sight. Suddenly, I broke out of my thoughts, feeling his pace slow down.

So tell me, how was part one?