Chapter Five // My Broken Half

Enjoy dearest one.

Status: Edited

Ponyboy's POV
We finally reached the diner and reach a seat at a booth. A waitress comes by to drop off menus. "Let me know when you boys have your orders." she walks away.

We look at each other and both grab menus. "Hmm," Johnny mumbles adorably. "What're you gettin' Pone?"

I put the menu down and glance at him. "Maybe a shake and some fries, I'm not really that hungry, what about you Johnny?"

He puts his down as well. "I'll get the same."

I nod, seeing the waitress come back.

"You boys ready?" She takes her small notepad and pen.

"Yea can we get two shakes, one vanilla and the other..." I looked at Johnny, cueing him.

"Oh um, chocolate, please." He smiled. How pretty his little smile is.

"And a load of fries, for both of us,"
I added.

She finished writing and gave us one last look.

"That's it?" she asked. Johnny nodded.

"Alright, I'll be back with your order." She walked away again.

"So Pony," he started.

"Yea Johnny?" I kept my hands on my lap.

"I have these feelings, they've been around for so long that they have to be true. There's no stoppin' point, is what I'm tryna to say. It's almost like I feel numb when these feelings hit me. They come around like a clock. Every so often, they just don't leave me alone and I can't ignore em' too well."

The waitress comes back with the shakes and fries.

"Thanks," Johnny says, with the waitress leaving us.

"I hear ya Johnny," I eat a fry.

"Pony, these feelings are just... they have to do with love."

My eyebrows slightly perched up in excitement. "Aww, Johnnycake is growing up now." I take another fry.

"Yea, but I feel so much agony when I wake up the next day knowing only yesterday were the moments of your childhood."

I chuckle. "I'm sorry for laughin', it's just that there's a thing called hormones y'know."

"Yes, yes I know Pony, I know about that."

"Okay, then you understand why you're feelin' this way,"

He shook his head. "Pony," his hands hold mine from across the table, giving me a small pink tint to my cheeks. "These feelins' aren't just emotions, they have so much to do with-"

"Johnny, don't overthink this, it's just a part of growin' up, I'm sure it'll pass."

He shakes his head again. "These feelings have so much to do with w-what I-I h-have for someone,"

I stop and stare for a second. "Oh... really?"

He nods slowly and starts describing. "Yea, they are quite stunning, I can't help but fall in love with their eyes. They have real good looks that get my heart goin'. They know how to talk with people and they know how to be kind and friendly. They have a really good heart and I love them for that." Johnny says with such excitement.