Chapter Six // The Other Broken Half

You deserve an a thousand word chapter. I'm so sorry I kept you waiting ❤️

Johnny's POV
"Guys, let's play a game," Two said, taking a deck of cards from his pocket.

"Well alright, what's it be?" Steve asked.

"First, everyone sit down on the ground now and I'll talk."

Pony looked over at me and smirked. He went to the floor with the rest of the boys as I did too, but I was still watching the movie.

"Alri-Johnny, come closer." I scooted closer to Ponyboy's left.

"Right, now, I got a deck of cards, there are two kinds of cards, truth and dare, got it?" We all nodded.

"You pick one card and dare or make the person tell the truth based on what the card says, understand?" We all nodded again. "Pony, you go first,"

Pony picked a card that said truth. "Alright Two, you ever kissed a girl?" We all stared.

"Yea," Pony went wide eyed. I wasn't surprised at all.

"Really? Who?!" Steve shouted.

"A blonde... at the drive in." We then all frowned.

"Oh, well, of course." Soda sighed.

"Okay Steve, your turn," Two said.

"O-okay," Steve grabbed a truth card and turned his head to me. "Johnny, why do you always stare at Ponyboy?"

I felt red and like my life was about to end. "These aren't the questions on the card-"

"Just tell us, it's a game,"

I shook my head. "I just.. Steve why do you-"

"It's okay Johnny, you can skip that one." Two said. He's onto something.

Ponyboy's POV
"Your turn Johnny," he picked up a truth card and looked at me.

"Ponyboy, you ever had a crush on the same gender?" my face burned, staring at the ground.

"Well, honestly... I haven't figured it out yet." I spoke fearfully.

"Whadya mean you haven't figured it out yet?" Two-Bit asked.

"Yea Ponyboy, tell us more." Steve added.

I shook my head.

"Guys leave him alone, he doesn't wanna share, he doesn't have to share." Soda exclaimed. "Right Johnny?" he asked.

"Yea guys, please don't overwhelm him." Johnny said.

"So you're tellin' me, you have no clue? You haven't figured it out yet?" Steve asked. 

"No... I actually have." he caught me glancing at Johnny, snapping his fingers in front of me. The boys looked at me as my cheeks flushed, knowing that Johnny was also looking.

"Your turn Soda," Soda picked up a dare card.

"Time to move onto the dares,"