Chapter Nine // Dally's Advice

Status: Edited

Ponyboy's POV
"You think so Pone?" he asked me, keeping a tight grip at my hand.

"They get so wired and annoying about it, they just don't wanna stop,"

he nods, looking at me with those large eyes. "Johnny?" my thoughts kept slapping me in the face.

"Yea?" he somewhat had a sad tone in his voice.

"W-whats it like... bein' in love... with that person?"

he sighed. "The one I told you about at Fosters?"

I nodded quickly, needing answers.

"Well Pony, it's... complicated,"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Complicated?"

he stared down. "It's hard to tell them how I feel about their company,"

I felt a small fury grow inside of me. "J-johnny, you mind telling me who this person is?" my head tilted in curiosity.

"You'll find out... eventually." That small fury grew. I started to question everything. I wondered if that person hung out with Johnny without me knowing.

Did Johnny care for them more than me? Was he gonna do something and make me jealous? What if that person were to be at the carnival and be with Johnny the whole time?

I was dying inside, I couldn't take it anymore.

My breathing quickened as I started to panic. A low cry was the thing I was starting to feel. My head was getting dizzy and dizzy. I nearly passed out but I had to control myself.

"P-pony? Y-you okay?"

My heart was suffocating.

I was feeling desperate.

Johnny's voice slowly fainted, my breathing went slow and my head fell forward onto his shoulder.

What felt like days later, my eyes opened to a small light hitting my face. The ferris wheel ended and it was time for the last ride. I promised Johnny this one so he could have some fun after waiting all day.

We both got up from the cart, running off. Johnny laughed and grabbed my hand. "Come on Pony! Its the last ride! You promised!" we ran up to the carousel.

"Yea, I know Johnny."

We handed the tickets to the lady and walked up to a horse. Johnny sat on one while I kept my hand onto a bar next to him. Johnny was laughing at my clumsiness while I just kept a smirk on my face.

The ride was starting, everything was moving, things were turning blurry for a second before I looked back at Johnny.

"Pony! It's going faster!" he reached for my hand. I gave it to him, letting him squeeze it tightly. It was going at a speedier pace. "J-johnny!" I felt really really dizzy, I was going to collapse.

"Dally?" Johnny pulled me closer.

"Hey kid! We're gonna die on here y'know, I dunno why you got on."
Dally said.

I chuckled. "I wanted to get on with Pony, don't know why."

Dally put an arm around me. "Hey where were you anyways? We didn't see ya yesterday." I asked.

"I was busy, goin' after this broad who was tackling me at the drive in, said she couldn't keep her hands off of me." Dally said with a grin at the end. I gave him a funny look, so did Johnny.

"What were you guys doin' yesterday?" He asked us. I didnt know how to respond, I had a small fear Dallas would be one of the sickos who'd challenge my relationship with Johnny.

"We just hung out, all of us, at my house, watchin' movies and talkin'." Dally nodded. Did he know something? Was he onto something?

"Kid I think you better leave somewhere with Johnny after this ride."

"W-why?" I think he was onto something.

"There's a little creek uphill where a small bench is, right in front of a tiny lake. I've been there before and it's nice. You two should go."

"R-really?" Johnny looked up.

"Yea, go with Pone, hangout, spend some time together."

"Oh and take my advice and don't tell anyone where you're goin',"

"Why?" Johnny turned his head.

"It's advice, you take it or you leave it,"

We both nodded. "Dal's got a point, we ain't tellin' Soda, let alone Two-Bit."

"But Soda-"

"It's just between us, don't spread the word," Dally cut me off.

"Why are you doin' this for us Dal?" Johnny asked.

"Because you need it, both of you,"

"What on earth are you talkin about Dallas?" Johnny bumped in.

"You need this for yourselves, you need to somehow escape and get los-" I felt the carousel slow down.

"Well the ride's done, we can leave to that place now," Johnny told me and sighed.

Dallas nodded. "Please."

Tell me what you think is gonna happen in the next chapter.

𝓦𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓘𝓯 🌈 Johnnyboy जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें