Chapter Seven // Stupid Grin

Ey nice chapter name,
Ikr-

Status: Edited

Ponyboy's POV
It was getting later and later, and the only thing I had on my mind was sleep. I closed my eyes but I think Johnny noticed.

"You tired Pony?" I slammed them open and looked at Johnny. I felt like I couldn't speak so I just nodded.

"Then let's go to bed," Johnny held his hand out and lifted me up. We both went to my bedroom.

I took off my shirt along with my jeans and blushed deeply. Johnny slid off his shirt, pulling down his pants and jean jacket. I caught a glimpse but then looked away after a hard blush.

I climbed in the bed and laid my head back. Johnny got on and scooted closer to me. We were facing opposite directions in the bed but I wanted to face him and cuddle up to him, so I needed to make an excuse.

I started shivering lightly, I felt him turn to me. "You cold Pony?"

I kept shivering. "Y-yea,"

He wrapped an arm around me, slowly warming me up. "You still cold?" I shook my head and smiled.

"Not anymore."

After a few minutes, I had felt more comfortable getting closer to Johnny, so I turned around and scooted my head closer to his neck, slightly nuzzling into him.

I could feel Johnny's fingers gently swift around my shoulders, it was really nice and comforting. My heart sped up and made loud thumping noises, but with that, I fell asleep.

-

I woke up with Johnny's arms completely embracing me, I blushed and smiled lightly. I didn't want to wake him, so I just kept quiet and slept in a little bit longer. I felt Johnny move around, his arms let go of me.

He moved to the opposite side of the bed. I sighed and continued to keep my eyes shut.

"Pony," I swear I heard him mumble in his sleep, he pulled me close to him, gripping me gently. I blushed more and wondered what he was going to do next.

"P-pony," He was actually talking, he was awake.

I turned my head and saw him with his eyes open looking at me. "Y-yea Johnny?" I blushed uncontrollably.

"Mornin' Pone," Oh my, his raspy voice was the hottest.

"Oh, mornin', Johnnycakes," He probably noticed that his arms were around me the entire night. Slowly, his arms released me, but I still wanted his embrace for a much longer time.

"So what are we gonna do today Pony?"  I really didnt know what we were gonna do, I might have to see what-

"Hi guys!" Two-Bit stormed into the bedroom, seeing us half naked.

"Woah! what do we have goin' on here?" I blushed madly when he thought of it that way.

"Oh relax Two, we were just talkin',"

Two-Bit had this stupid grin on his face that gets me so damn irritated, I wish I could just slap it off. "Talkin' 'bout what now?" He tilted his head.

"What we're gonna do today,"

"So what are you gonna do?" I frowned in thought.

"I was thinkin'-"

"I know what you guys can do today," Two popped a bottle of beer open. Johnny and I looked at him questioningly.

"W-what?" Johnny stood up from the bed and put on his shirt and jeans.

"You should go to the carnival," he took a sip of his beer.

"Wait Two, where is it?"

he put the can down. "You know what, I'll just go with y'all since I probably have some money to spend." I wanted to go but only with Johnny. I didn't want a lousy significant other there.

"Throw on some clothes Ponyboy," I nodded and got off of the bed.

"Just so you know, even though Darry's not here, you aren't takin' his place." I snapped.

"You wanna go to the carnival or not?"

I ran over and grabbed a shirt, throwing on jeans and a purple jacket.

I saw Johnny lacing his shoes and putting on his jean jacket. I put on my white converse and left the house with them both. We went walking down the block until Johnny came up.

"Where's the carnival Two?"

He pointed at the sky. "It's-" Two-Bit started looking around.

"He's probably drunk and just decided to get us lost." I whispered to Johnny. He started laughing quietly, showing his smile. My heart was fluttering so much after looking at that smile and hearing his beautiful laugh.

I felt myself grin so hard my face hurt.

My smile faded, Two-Bit turned around and looked at us. "I am not drunk, just a little sober."

I snickered. "Sure is the opposite." Johnny wrapped an arm around one of mine and hid himself in my shoulder, thinking one of us was gonna get hurt.

"My gosh Pony have you been wisecrackin'," Two said with a surprised tone and started to laugh.

I could hear Johnny sorta giggling quietly with my arm being squeezed. "S-sorry Pone," Johnny looked up shyly. I grinned and put my arm around him to make him feel better.

"Two, where is it man?" Johnny asked, seeming impatient

"Johnny-" The view of the carnival kept Two from saying anything. It was massive.