Chapter Three // Just You, Me, & The Sunrise

I promise this one is a little bit longer than the last, just cause you deserve it. Mkay bye ily❤️❤️❤️

Status: Edited

Ponyboy's POV
Johnny and I continue down the sidewalk hand in hand. I start to kinda shake, it sure is a little chilly out here.

"You cold Pone?" I nodded. He stopped walking and let go of my hand, taking off his jean jacket off and putting it over my shoulders. I put my arms through the jacket, it fit me perfectly, almost like it was made for me. But at the same time it fit Johnny.

"Thank you Johnny." I say in a small tone, continuously blushing and smiling. He smiled back.

Johnny looks pretty nice without his shirt-I-I mean jacket. I felt bad I made him give it up, just for me.

Johnny's POV
"Dont worry hon-Pony, the sun'll be out a-any minute now," Did the word "honey" almost slip outta my mouth?

Oh God, I was blushing hard.

I actually had no problem with him wearing my jacket. He looked real hot-I mean nice in it. "You look nice in my jacket Pone." It looked better on him than it did me.

"Thanks Johnny."

I wanted to hold his hand again, I felt kinda desperate for the warmth of his hand. "Y-you wanna hold hands again?" I ask shyly.

"Nah, I think I'll put my arm around ya Johnnycakes," His arm went around my shoulder, bringing me close to him. This was even better than holding hands.

He pressed the side of his head against mine.

My heart was jumping.

"W-why's your face so hot all of a sudden?" The beat of my heart went faster.

Pony laid a hand on my cheek, I tried not to blush, but it was so hard when he was this close to me. This was one of the hardest things I could have ever done.

"I-I dunno." I had no words. In panic, I was only able to get out a few words. "M-maybe cause I'm worried about the socs," I acted scared, but he bought it.

"Oh Johnny, nothin's gonna hurt you," He pulled me into a short embrace.

"Not as long as I'm here to keep em outta our territory," I back away from the hug.

"Gosh Pone, you sure sound tough when you say that," We both chuckled, walking along the grass.

"I just wanna make sure they stay out, This is our side o town."

I smiled and put my arm around him. "Well Ponyboy, you really are protective. I'm just surprised I haven't hurt anyone." We strolled down to the park, finding a seat.

"You're too innocent to hurt anyone Johnnycake,"

I sat down on the bench with him, looking down at the ground. I could feel his eyes on me. I sighed and blushed lightly, smirking while turning my head to him.

"Boy Johnnycake, you dont ever plan on doin' it though, right?"

I kept the smirk on my face. "Can't promise you that,"

He slid back against the bench. "I sure hope you don't." I put my arm around Ponyboy, taking a good look at him and sighing. I turned my head and looked over at the dripping, saturated sunrise.
^^
A/N: If anyone gets that song reference, we are immediately best friends yo.