I

Sarabi Coleman
(Pronounced SAH-RAH-BEE)

"Girl you need to stop moping and get over Quran. Damn, over here playing the fuck out of I'm Still Waiting." My best friend Yunna said as she turned off Jodeci's album.

"Leave me alone." I said turning over in bed.

"Come on Rabs, get up please. I get it your heart is broken, but you can't let this nigga get you down. There's plenty of guys out there who would love to be with you. You're gorgeous." She said sitting next to me in bed. "I got something to make you feel better."

I looked over my shoulder at her. "What?"

"Since you love Jodeci so much, I got tickets to their concert tonight WITH backstage passes."

"Don't play with me Yunna." I said rolling my eyes.

"I'm not. Get up you only have an hour to get ready." She said getting off my bed. "I already picked out your outfit. Just take a shower and put the clothes on." She walked out the room closing my door.

I sighed getting up. I looked at myself in the mirror and I looked terrible. My boyfriend of 2 years who I was engaged to marry, broke up with me and then got married two days after. Like that don't add up. I took a shower and got dressed. I fixed my hair and put on some sandals. Yunna knocked on my door before opening it and looking at me smiling.

"You look gorgeous boo. Come on let's get lit." She grabbed my hand as we walked out of my apartment. The car ride was peaceful as we made our way to the theater.

Once we arrived we walked in finding our seats which were front row. I looked at Yunna as she smiled. "Yes I know, I'm am awesome best friend. No need to say it." I laughed hugging her.

The show soon started and when I tell you my ass sung along to every song. When Forever My Lady came on Yunna grabbed my hand dancing with me. When I looked up I saw DeVante looking at me smirking. I blushed and kept dancing with Yunna who was clearly into the song. They ended with I'm Still Waiting and I sung my heart out as Yunna wrapped her arm around my shoulder laughing at me.

The show ended and we made our way to the back for the meet and greet. "Yunna thank you girl. This the most fun I've had in three weeks."

"You welcome boo, you needed this. That nigga was not worth your tears. You're about to be 21 and you fine as fuck." I love Yunna. She's been my best friend since I started at Juilliard. She's been like a sister to me. She's the cutest little hipster blasian I've ever met.

"Whatever, stop before you make my head big." She laughed as we finally got to the meet and greet area. It was a good amount of us back here and I wasn't sure I'd be able to get my autograph.

I'm not like other fans, I'm not trying to fuck you I just admire your work. All I'm trying to do is get my autograph, take a picture, asked what influenced your writing, and bounce. The guys finally came in and everyone including Yunna started screaming. First off, she don't even like Jodeci like that. She tells me to cut them off every time I play their LP.

They greeted everyone and got the show on the road. After a 10 minute wait Yunna and I were the last ones. I had them sign my CD and took a picture. I noticed DeVante and JoJo talking and staring at me. One thing I can't stand is when someone is talking about you like you not gonna notice. Once Yunna was done talking to Dalvin who I never knew she knew we were about to head out.

"Hey excuse me?" I heard a deep voice say. I turned around and lifted my head up to see DeVante Swing in front of me. Now I will admit that he's fine, but he got pretty eyes. To me people with pretty eyes always turn out to be crazy.

"Yes?"

"How you doin? What's your name?"

"Sarabi and I'm fine thank you."

"That's a beautiful name. I'm—"

"Not to come off as rude, but I was at your concert. I'm pretty sure I know who you are already."

He chuckled. "You got me there. So what you getting into tonight?"

"My bed, why?"

"There's this after party like 3 blocks away. Maybe you and Yunna can stop by."

"See I'm like an old lady, I can't be up too late and I like being home. I will literally fall asleep in the club, I'll see."

He flashed his pretty white teeth. "It's not a club, it's at our hotel."

"What I look like going to your hotel and I don't even know you?"

"But Yunna knows me, I'm a good guy."

"Yeah that's what they all say. I might pull up, we'll see."

"I'll be waiting on you. Here's the address." He said handing me a piece of paper before walking away.

I looked down at the paper and bit my lip. Knowing Yunna she's going up force me to go. I just hope that boy don't think we doing nothing. I'm still waiting my ass, you're going to keep waiting.