VII

DeVante Swing

I was laying on Sarabi's lap as she played in my hair while we watched Martin. My pager went off and I ignored it at first, but it kept beeping. I felt Sarabi stop playing in my hair and look at me.

I pulled my pager to see it was my daughters mom paging me. "Shit."

"What's wrong?"

"I forgot I was supposed to have my daughter for the weekend. I gotta go." I kissed her forehead and left out her apartment. I got in my car and quickly drove over to my babymothers house.

I knocked on her door and if course she opened it with an attitude. "Oh so now you wanna show up?"

"Get out my face with that shit man, where's my daughter?" I walked in the loving room and saw Dyana watching tv with her bottle in her mouth.

When she noticed me she ran and hugged my leg

When she noticed me she ran and hugged my leg. I picked her up and kissed her cheek. "Hi princess, you ready to go with daddy?" She nodded her head and I picked up her bag walking to the door.

"Don't have my daughter around no hoes."

"I'd have to take her away from you then." I said walking out. She gets on my damn nerves. Like I know how to take care of my child. Always giving me problems and shit, move on.

Once I got Dyana in the car I made my way back to Sarabi's house. I wanted her to eventually meet my kids. It's been about a month since I confessed my feelings for her and she's still a little skeptical. She told me she knows she's going to have trust issues and she doesn't want yo frustrate me with them, but I don't mind. As for now, we're taking things slow, but working towards a relationship.

I unlocked her door, yes a nigga got keys now. She was in her kitchen making a smoothie. She turned to look over her shoulder when the door closed. She saw me and smiled as she looked at Dyana.

She walked over to us and Dyana reached for her. This is their first time meeting and Dy doesn't usually like new people. This proves how special Sarabi is. Sarabi took her in her arms and Dyana started talking to her.

"My name Dyana. I'm 3 and I can count to 20. Wanna hear it?"

Robbi chuckled. "I'm Sarabi, I'm 21. I can count to infinity. Sure I'd love to hear you count."

"Sa-sa." Dyana tried to say her name.

"Just call me Robbi okay?" Dyana nodded and laid her head on Sarabi's shoulder. "You want some smoothie baby?" Dyana nodded and Sarabi poured a cup of smoothie for her.

I smiled at the sight of them two. She brought Dyana to the living room and put on the children's channel for her. She looked up at me.

"She's adorable."

"Yeah, that's my little girl. She must really like you cause she never ever talks to people she doesn't know."

"I'm special, you should know that." She said sitting on the couch.

"Trust me I do." I said sitting next to her. After 3 hours of playing Dyana went down for a nap. I laid her in one of Sarabi's guest rooms and left the door cracked open.

I walked in Sarabi's room to see her laying on her back reading a book. I climbed on the bed and hovered over her. She put the book down and looked at me.

"May I help you sir?"

I smiled. "You are just so beautiful. You know that?"

She caressed my face staring in my eyes. "You've been saying it everyday since I first met you."

"Cause you're beautiful inside and out. I just want you to know I appreciate you and I'm lucky to have you in my life."

She leaned up and pecked my lips. I looked back at her shocked because she's never kissed me besides kissing my cheek. "I think I want to try and give you a chance."

I held in my excitement. "You sure?"

"Yes, but De you have to work with me. I'm going to have times where I'm insecure and questioning you about everything you do. I want to learn to trust you and love you like you deserved to be loved."

"I have all the patience in the world when it comes to you. I'm going to do any and everything to show you how true my love is. Like I told you before, I'm not perfect and I'm going to make mistakes. I would never try to hurt you intentionally."

"You have my heart.. Don't break it please."

I kissed her lips passionately. "I won't baby."

"Promise?" She said putting out her pinky.

I chuckled. "I promise." I said putting my pinky in hers. "So you my girlfriend now right?"

"Yes."

"And I'm your boyfriend right?"

She laughed. "Really De? Yes you're my boyfriend."

"Aight, just wanna make sure. I'm officially on lockdown. I was on lockdown before cause I wasn't talking to nobody else, but now it's official." She laughed rubbing my shoulders. I kissed her once again and started placing wet kisses on her neck.

She giggled rubbing her hands up and down my back. She's mine officially.