XXII

Sarabi Coleman-DeGrate

"Why you making such a fuss? Ain't you supposed to be napping?" I said to Nala as I walked into the living room after hearing her making so much noise on the baby monitor.

She was standing up in her play pin babbling about something

She was standing up in her play pin babbling about something. The girl got so much personality and she's only 10 months.

I gave her her pacifier and one of her toys to keep her busy. I'm trying to clean around the house to get my mind off of committing murder... but at this rate... I think I'm just gonna say fuck it and kill the bitch.

De walked in the house just as I was heading back to the kitchen.

He had a big smile on his face when he saw Nala and picked her up from her play pin

He had a big smile on his face when he saw Nala and picked her up from her play pin. "Why you got this damn pacifier in your mouth? You not a baby." He said taking it out and throwing it in the trash.

I rolled my eyes. "Was it necessary to throw it away?"

"She's about to be 1 Rabs. What the hell she need a pacifier for? You the reason she still sucking her thumb." He said sitting her on the counter and making goofy faces.

"Don't get yo ass smacked in front of your daughter. Just came in the house and already pissing me off." I said leaving the kitchen. I heard him mumble under his breath. "SPEAK UP NIGGA." I turned back to look at him and saw his jaw clench as he shook his head. "That's what the fuck I thought." I rolled my eyes once more before walking into the bedroom and slamming the door behind me.

I don't mean to snap on him, but I'm just upset. This bitch done came in, got me moving out my damn house, touched my fucking child, tried to accuse my husband of domestic violence, dammit I'm mad. She's been keeping low the past few weeks cause we have a restraining order against her ass. I also got someone keeping tabs on the bitch, but she wanna be incognito.

"Ayo, you got one more damn time to talk to me slick out your mouth. Stop fucking playing with Sarabi. Be mad all you want, but watch how you talk to me. Don't act like you dumb." De said grabbing me close to him by my arms. I rolled my eyes. "Keep rolling them eyes and watch me take them shits out. You got everybody walking on eggshells cause you steady snapping for no reason. I'm tired of the shit. Fix yo damn attitude." I stared at him with a blank face. "Now." He growled in my ear and I sighed fixing my face.

"I'm sorry." I said lowly.

He let me go. "Yeah, whatever." He walked into the bathroom starting up the shower. I walked in and stood by the door as he took off his clothes.

"Where's Nala?"

He looked over at me once before stepping in the shower. "She's napping in her room."

I closed the door and laid across the bed. I turned on my stomach as I got the remote for the tv. I laid there watching two episodes of Living Single before he came out the bathroom with a towel on. He didn't even look my way as he went in the closet to get clothes. Now I feel bad. De has already been dealing with the stress of this Monica shit, along with Da Basement and their issues, and let's not forget he lowkey but HIGH KEY has PTSD from the night he got robbed. I mean, he was basically left for dead, his fucking skull was split open.

He would have random moments of him just flipping the fuck out and then random moments where he was having panic attacks out of nowhere. He's been trying not to drink, but we all know how that goes. I think the only reason he hasn't spiraled out of control is because Nala and I are here. I walked to the closet to see him putting on some sweat pants.

"You gonna stay mad at me the whole day?" I said pouting.

He looked over at me and sucked his teeth. "I'm not mad at you Sarabi."

"So then why you keep calling me Sarabi?"

"Cause that's your name." He said brushing pass me to go into the room.

"Donaaaallldd." I said following him and plopping on the bed.

"Saraabiiiiii." He said spraying on some cologne.

"I don't like when you're mad at me."

"And I don't like when you snore at night, but we can't get everything we want."

"Nigga I do not snore."

"Don't make me get the camcorder." He said looking at me as he stood by his side of the bed. I crawled over to him and kissed on his neck. He chuckled as his hands wrapped around my waist.

"I don't wanna fight with you. I'm sorry I'm letting this bitch get to my head. I'm just mad babe." I said wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I am too, but we're a team. Don't let an outsider mess up what we have. We're gonna figure this thing out. The restraining order was the first step."

"I know, but babe the bitch has to die."

He looked at me and laughed. "Woah there."

"No I'm dead ass. She has to die. I've already settled it. I'm going to kill the bitch, that's the only way I'm gonna be able to sleep at night."

"By killing her?" He tilted his head to the side.

"Yup." I said popping the 'p'. "I've already called my dad... she's gonna die."

He paused and looked around. "I just feel like you made me an accessory to the crime by telling me this."

"Perhaps that might've been the plan." I said pecking his lips. "Don't worry, it'll be a nice gruesome death. You'll enjoy it by the end." I said smiling.

He just looked at me with the same shocked look. Listen nigga, when you said I do, the I turned into we. So yes the bitch is gonna die for the good of we. Now to get the ball rolling... cause she may be quiet... but I know her ass isn't gonna stay away.

And when she does come back... I'll be ready.

_________________

Majority of you guys said to keep the story so that's what we're gonna do. This is just to get my feet wet since it's been a minute. Thank you to those who checked up on me. This has been a very troubling but growing season and the past few months were a lot. Be sure to check out my other DeVante Swing story called Pandora's Box.. there will be an update tonight.

I hope you all are well and in good health.

God bless,

D