XII

Sarabi Coleman
(Pronounced SAH-RAH-BEE)

"It's been almost a month Yunna and he hasn't called me or anything."

"He's giving you space Rabs. Don't stress it please."

"I really miss him, but I hate him at the same time." I said laying back on my bed.

"Well just try to relax okay boo? I'll call you later."

"Alright bye." I said hanging up the phone. I got up and continued painting. I had Tevin Campbell Can We Talk?

I went to get a glass of water when I heard the door open and close behind me. I turned around to see De standing by the door. I sat my cup down and stared at him. He stopped the track and walked up to me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked crossing my arms.

"I'm tired of giving you this space. We don't need space, we need each other."

"I don't need anybody but Jesus so I don't know what the hell you're talking about."

"It's been a month Sarabi come on. The love we have with each other just doesn't fade away like that."

I rolled my eyes. "It obviously did when you slept with your ex."

He sighed. "It was a mistake. I didn't intend for it to happen."

"When I asked if you loved her still you told me no... Were you lying?"

"No, I wasn't lying. I was drunk, I don't even remember the night."

"You shouldn't have even put yourself in that type of situation. You're a grown ass man."

He walked closer to me and held my waste but I pushed him off of me. I'm not letting him break down my walls that easy.

"You're right, I should've been more smart about what I did. Robbi I can't live without you. I tried for a month and I can't do it. You're my lifeline, I love your being."

"Well I guess you're going have to learn." I said walking away from him. He grabbed me by my waste and I froze.

"You can't tell you that you don't miss or love me. I don't believe it." He turned me to face him. "Tell me you don't love me and I'll leave you alone forever."

I shook my head. "Sometimes love isn't enough De."

"Let me make it up to you please."

"It's going to take a long time for you to regain my trust. I don't even know why you would want to bother."

"Because like I told you, I love you and you're it for me. No girl has ever made me feel like you make me feel."

"I don't know."

"Let me take you on a date? Valentine's Day is coming up, let me prove to you that I love you. If the date goes well and I persuade you then we can go as slow as you want. If I completely make a fool out of myself then I'll just remain your friend, no matter how much it may kill me."

I just stared at him and he was super serious. I sighed shaking my head. "Fine, pick me up at 6:30. Do not be late or else it's done."

He smiled and I had to hold in my excitement. Anytime he smiles it makes my heart skip a beat. We both stood there a bit awkward. Usually we'd be be all up on each other watching a movie or eating.

"I love you so much Robbi. I'm going to redeem myself." He kissed my forehead and I just stared in his eyes.

I hope this doesn't bite me in the ass.