IX

DeVante Swing

"So you bringing Sarabi to the album release party?" JoJo asked as we looked for clothes.

"I mean that's the plan. She's been acting a bit weird though."

"Weird how?"

"Just.. Distant." I said shrugging.

"Well what'd you do?"

"Nigga what you mean what I did? Why I always gotta do something?"

"Well, what'd you do?"

"Nothing. We visited her parents in Texas for thanksgiving. After her dad basically threatened my life we headed back to her moms house and then made love."

"Wait, she let you hit? Hold up, uh uh. I'm gonna have to talk to her cause she ain't tell me that part."

I glared at him. "Nigga that's not the point. I'm having a damn crisis."

"Okay, I'm sorry. Did she look as if she enjoyed it when she was done? Was it her first time?"

"No it wasn't her first time and yes she enjoyed it. Of course she enjoyed it, I'm DeVante Swing."

He stale faced me. "But yet, we're here. Hmm...."

"Really nigga?"

"I'm just saying. Don't be sitting here bossing yourself up, but yet yo girl became distant AFTER the dick."

"Damn, I'll holla at you later." I said heading towards the exit.

"Where you going?" He called after me.

"To go get my girl."

I pulled up to Sarabi's complex and saw her car was there. I banged on her door and she opened it looking at me like I was stupid.

"Boy what the hell you think this is–"

"Why you been ignoring me?" I said barging in.

"Hello to you too babe. Oh yeah a kiss? Wonderful, muah! How am I doing? Great thanks for asking."

"Cut the shit Sarabi. You been dodging me these past three weeks. We was just good not too long ago. We connected, I told you I love you, we made love, you done met my damn family. We supposed to be spending Christmas together. You got me sounding like a female chasing down her baby daddy." She just stared at me. "You not saying nothing is honestly pissing me off. What is it? Are you not happy? Did you feel forced when we had sex? Did you not like it?" I asked backing her against the wall.

"Okay one, back up. You know I don't like when I feel threatened. Two, calm down. You really hype for no reason. Let's sit down and talk like two rational adults." She said walking to the living room.

I sighed following behind her. We both sat down and she stared at her hands.

"Robbi what's the problem? You not talking to me that's a problem. How we gonna have a relationship and we not communicating?"

She sighed shaking her head. "De.."

"All this happened after we had sex. I didn't force you did I? If I did I'm sorry."

"No, De stop. You didn't force anything. I enjoyed making love to you, I really did. It's just.."

"Just what?"

"I just.. I don't know. After we did it, I felt myself really fall for you and that's just scary to me."

"Robbi we're in a relationship. We're going to fall for each other. I get you were hurt, but I'm not him. I can't pay the price for what he did."