XVII

DeVante Swing

So far everything has been okay. I haven't heard from Mónica at all. It's been a good four months so hopefully she got the hint. Sarabi still hasn't gone back to her house so I just told her to move in with me.

Speaking of Sarabi, I think she's pregnant. She's gained a couple pounds, she's always been a big eater so that hasn't changed, and she has this glow about her. She's kind of been a couch potato though, she's always sleepy. I'm at the store picking up a bunch of pregnancy tests because I need to know for sure before I get all excited. I'm actually excited to have kids, if she pregnant it came quicker that I thought. I plan on proposing to her soon, but I'm getting the ring customized.

When I got in the house I smelled food. I saw that she cooked some tacos for lunch. I looked for her to see she was upstairs folding clothes.

She smiled when she saw me. "Hey babe, where'd you go?"

"Studio and then the store. Here go take these." I said handing her the bag. She looked inside and then looked up at me with a questioning look.

"What you trying to say?"

"Come on baby just go take the tests please. I believe you're pregnant and you can't tell me you don't think you are."

She sighed. "I mean it has been a while since I seen my period but it's irregular."

"Just go take them, I'll be right here." I said sitting on the bed. She got up going to the bathroom. "Make sure you pee on all of them, you hear me?."

"Yes daddy." She said laughing.

After 15 minutes she came out and stared at me. I guess I was wrong maybe she's not pregnant, damn. She walked up to me and kissed my lips.

"Baby number 3 on board daddy." She said smiling.

"YES! So forreal? You pregnant? I'm gonna be a daddy again?"

"Yes baby, of course I have to go to the doctor and confirm." She said biting her lip.

"What's wrong?"

"I just want everything to be okay. You know the women in my family have fertility issues and I really want this baby."

"Everything will work itself out and God forbid if something happens to the baby we can always try again okay? I'm willing to make sure that you get to be a mother."

She smiled kissing my lips. "I love you so much, how did I get so lucky?"

"I ask myself that question everyday. Now come on beautiful, let's eat some tacos." I said getting up leading her to the kitchen.

After we ate lunch she fell asleep on my lap. I stared at her as she slept, it's so crazy to know that she's carrying my child. I hope this pregnancy goes well. I know she was devastated by the miscarriage. All I know if we will keep trying till the wheels fall off and I have no more sperm to give.

//////

2 months later

So Sarabi is pregnant and the doctor says the baby looks amazing. She's about 5 months now and beginning to show. Her ring is finally done so I'm trying to plan with JoJo and Yunna how I'm going to propose.

"Maybe I should put it in her food? Like in a cupcake?"

"She's 5 months pregnant, she doesn't chew she just swallows things whole." Yunna said looking at me like I was stupid.

"Yeah I'm just envisioning that and I see us rushing her to the emergency room." Jo said staring into space.

"Romantic dinner?" Yunna asked

"Her idea of romantic is Anthony's Pizzaria. No, she doesn't need that stuff." I said shaking my head.

"Take her back to Texas. Go to her father and ask for permission in person. Talk to her mother and ask her help you plan something at her childhood home. Find out what was her favorite spot or thing to do and propose there. She'll love it and it'll be more sentimental." Jo suggested.

"I like it." I said nodding and Yunna agreed. "Y'all gotta make sure y'all help me out though."

"We got you, we'll help set up."

"Yes now let us see the ring please." Yunna said dancing in her seat.

I laughed pulling the box out of my pocket. I opened it showing the ring I had customized for Robbi.

Yunna gasped with her hand over her mouth

Yunna gasped with her hand over her mouth. "Is that her birthstone?"

"Yeah, shit cost a lung and kidney. Emerald is not cheap I'll tell you that much."

"How much did it run you bro?" Jo asked admiring the ring.

"$30,000" I said smiling at the ring.

"Daaaaaammmnn." They said in unison.

"Ah I'm so excited. When are you trying to do it?"

"Well we were planning on visiting Texas again in two weeks so, two weeks. I need you to distract her when we get there so I have time to speak to her mom and dad."

Yunna nodded. "This is going to be amazing, I can just feel it. I was bit skeptical at first, but you're actually a great guy De. You really love my best friend and that's all she's ever wanted."

I smiled nodding my head. "Thanks Yunna."

Now just gotta get everything situated in two weeks. Lord please be a light.