The Weekend [Saturday]

"I can't see you anymore." Cassie was sobbing in the living room. I was getting ready in my room when I lost my mind, from all the drama. I walked out to the living room.

"I won't let you hurt me again." She was lying on the floor, face down, in her yoga costume. And no, she was not on the phone.

"It was one push-up Cassie! You did one push-up!"

"Uugh." She looked up at me. "Why are you so dressed?" She looked like a mess. Which she always does.

"I forgot to tell you. I-I'll have to visit my relatives out of town every weekend. For just one month though." I itched the back of my neck when I spoke. I let my hair down simply and was wearing a floral knee-length dress with boots and little to no make up.
Honestly, the hardest part was to shave my legs.

"Won't be attending weekend parties then?" Cassie stood up, folding her yoga mat. Still looking exhausted.

"Just a month." I said and went in my room to take a look in the mirror. I looked decent, I think Granny will like me.

Why am I even thinking about that? It's not like it's any of my concerns right? I'm just pretending. But maybe I do want her to like me. I just don't know why but anyone associated to Jason seemed important.

My phone went off the next moment. It was Jason.

I'm across the street in my car. You're ready?

Be there in a minute.

I texted him and ran across the room taking my bag and flashing a smile at Cassie. She sat on the couch and made a duck face when I waved at her.

"Love you in case you die." She yelled when I was just about go down the stairs.

"Love you in case you die." I yelled back and ran down the stairs.

"Be positive Rose." I was on the last flight of stairs. I could see Jason in his car, with the windows rolled down.

Be positive.

And then, I fell. Yes! I tripped down those bloody freaking stairs when Jason was watching me!

Wooh. I got down those stairs faster. Be positive right?

I could see him laughing when I opened the door of the front seat and sat in his expensive Mercedes.

"You know you're not exactly what your name suggests." He said while laughing. Hands on steering wheel. He was wearing a plain white T shirt under a blue jacket, he looked decent too.

"Well, I like to surprise people." I closed the car door and motioned my hand at the road forward to tell him to start going.

He looked at me for good few moments and shook his head with a smile "You look beautiful." He looked illegally hot today too.

"You don't look to bad yourself."

And he hit the gas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So let me brief you out with a few things" He told me that we were going to Lakewood. The neighbouring town. "My cousin Aiden will also be there. He is 16 but will surely try to hit on you." He glanced at me.

"Don't say like that. I am almost 18, not that old."

Best Day Of My Life was playing on the radio.

He shook his head again. "About my grandma. She has no filter. She is 72 but talks like a high school girl."

"Well I would want to meet her even more then."

"Are you nervous?" He asked.

"Well..maybe a little bit." I looked at him with a partial smile.