Chapter Two: Out of the blues.

The prophet peace be upon him said,"A person is likely to follow the faith of his friend, so look whom you befriend.” Abu Dawud and at-Tirmid

Chapter two:

Out of the blues

"Mashallah,your daughter has grown up.Look at how a beautiful girl she is,"One of the aunties said after sipping coffee that I had prepared.

I sat beside my mom,after offering them biscuits. These desi aunties always creeped me out and since my childhood I stayed miles from them.

"Jannnat beta,how's university life? Do you intend to marry as soon as your graduation is over?"one of the aunties said. I almost got chocked on the sweets I was eating.

How was all this relevant. The mention of these aunties brought only one idea in my head. Proposals and marriage.

Couldn't a girl stay without all these proposals and marriage talks? I talked to myself.

"Farhat,your daughter is so shy. Look at the red tinge on her cheeks." Again came the auntie with her remark.

I excused myself and walked to my room.  The bipping of my phone caught my eye so I went to check my messages.

Guys let's plan a sleep over. All of you are coming to my house :) ~ Nasim

And you think my mom's will permit me to stay in other people's houses? :( ~Iram

Ok ok. Let's all meet in my house. All your mom's are my mother's friends so there's no way you'll all back out ;p ~Jannat

Deal?~ Meera

Deal!~Zara

So our sleepover was now going to happen in my house. I took the mattresses into my study room,my sister helped me with the food and my sister in law made the arrangements while mom was just chit chatting with her friends. Sometimes I really wanted to know what's talked about by these old ladies but since curiosity killed the cat,I just stopped my thoughts and checked to see the arrangements.

"Thank you so much my girls. May your husbands be pleased with you always." I said cheekily. The preparations were perfect and thanks to my girls it was just on time.

Tamanna smiled and winked,"He's always happy with me"

"Sara bhabs,now go and dress up. Kamal bhai will come pick you any minute from now." Tamanna instructed my bhabi.

Sara was the newest addition to the family. She was calm,sweet and polite. Her polite nature always won my brother's heart and I must admit they complimented each other well.

"Just let me know if you need something." Sara said.

She was such a sweetheart. Very helpful,humble and funny.
"Ma'am my brother is enough work. Just go." Tamanna said giggling.

***

"It's been ages since I saw you. I missed you." Iram said dramatically.

I rolled my eyes at her and stuck my tongue out.

"Get a life girl!" I said jocked.

"If only you'd be in it," she said winking.

"Enough of this life talks!" Meera said giving each one of us a bottle of Pepsi. "And as for you Jannat darling,your mom's calling you."

I walked out of the room humming my favourite tune. As I neared her room I heard part of her conversation with dad. I did not intend to eavesdrop but the sensitivity of the matter demanded so.

"She's just twenty. It's too early for the proposals. Besides she has to graduate and make her life worthy before thinking of such turns." I heard my dad reasoning.

"She's now a big girl. And as far as graduating is concerned she can do that even if she's married." My mom stated.

I found myself on their doorstep as my hands became sweaty and my cheeks lit up with a pink hue.
My mother looked at me and ushered me to sit.  I was tensed since this topic was just out of my experiences. I remember teasing my siblings and never knew that one day it will also knock on my door.

"Beta,we received a nice proposal from Tarim. Her son Yahya,is an architect. He's shifting to California. He's good and in shaa Allah if things go well  you'd be marrying him soon."my mother broke the news to me.

That's it. I felt very uncomfortable and the very topic of marriage brought a weird feeling to me.
"Well mom,I think I need time. Besides you need to know about that guy. I am just twenty." I pointed out.

"Fortune knocks once,such guys are rare to find." She said dryly.

"Please dear,make wise decisions. Don't do any hasty work. Just take your sweet time while I try to make your mom see my point of view." My father said softly cupping my cheeks with his big hands. 

I liked my father for one thing.  He never pushed any one to do something. He'd always say,"its your life. Make it or break it.  At the end you'll be answerable to it."

So after listening to my mother's story and my father's advice,I sat on the couch feeling crazy.  It was a crazy feeling.

"I will do istikhara since you think he's too good to be on this earth." I said to my mom wiping my face with the end of my stole.

Even the finals never made me panic this way. I walked out the room feeling tired,confused and puzzled. "It's like mom's under a spell." I said to myself.

I walked to my friends and wore a normal look. I entered the room plastering a smile on my face,I sat feeling heavy on my chest.

Life was never this tough. Now I have to act mature,those desi aunties had fixed some madness into my mom's head. I thought in my head.

***

"Zara,I think my life's just over. Imagine am doing istikhara for my mom's sake. That guy seems to have floored her."I said with a cry face.

"Let Allah help you. Istikhara will light up your way. I'd say I wish you the best but my prayers will do the actions since words are just but incomplete promises." Zara said confidently.

I took my prayer mat and started offering the prayer. At first I was so confused but with time my heart got a grip on itself and just a mixture of questions danced in my head.

Life. Just four letters with a meaning as vast as the sea. It's a journey who's destination isn't known but I take the risk to give myself a chance to venture into this big world and see what life has kept in store for me. I put my trust in Allah the all knowing the all seeing.

It's not cowardice to wait for life,it's just that time and tide waits for no one. Allah knows the one who's destined to be mine. In this quest of unknowns I hope I find my way out of the tunnel and see what Allah kept in store for me. I will pray and let qadar have its turn. One day I will find the answer to my questions. And out of the blues today comes a question,who's he?

Just after pouring down my heart's rant on my journal,I jumped on my bed waiting while the clock made turns loudly as the darkness of the night crept in.

_________________________________________

Salaam lovely people.  Just to make sure you all know when to get the updates,the weeksends will work best for me.

Happy reading.

By the way,which of Jannat's freinds is your fav

Comment below

Don't forget to vote☆ ;)