Chapter eleven : Counting the stars

Behold! in the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the alternation of night and day,- there are indeed Signs for men of understanding,- - 3:190

Chapter eleven :

Counting the stars

Why don't you text me back?-Yahya

Is it that you are being shy since one week is left for our wedding? -Yahya

Can we wait until that happens? - Jannat

But why? -Yahya

We got an entire lifetime to know one another- Jannat

Are you sure about that? -Yahya

Yeah -Jannat

What if this 'our forever' ends in moments to come? -Yahya

If it's meant to be that way then that's what was written for both of us. -Jannat

Why do you believe so much in fairy tales?-Yahya

Is it that much annoying you? -Jannat

Why do you have to answer my questions with your questions? -Yahya

Can we end this argument now! I ought to be sleeping.- Jannat

Never mind. You can sleep but maybe you will never understand what I mean.- Yahya

What was this now? This was the last time I happened to chat with him. Whenever I spoke of me and him using the term 'us' he started fussing out,blaming me on these high expectations of mine.

He even once told me that I should not expect since no one knew what the future was holding for us. I knew he was right. Nobody knows what's in store for them.  That was one reason I hated waiting. This was a very crucial week.

Time was flying really fast,with the days changing to nights I had no idea that in a few days I would be away from this family of mine. My two naughty brothers,my melodramatic mom,the ever busy dad not forgetting bhabs and Zara. A lot was changing. That evening I sat clenching to my pillow looking at the stars.

The dark canvas of the sky,embroided by small twinkling stars with a little bit tinge of blue. Perfect. The wind whistled loudly making me feel it's presence as I sat hugging my knees. A strange feeling filled my insides,making me frightened and anxious of every moment that passed. I was leaving and this reality was bitter to live in.
My mom. I don't know what will happen to her when am gone. This feeling was eating me up. I started walking back and forth in my room,confused and sad. I spotted my journal. Here I could pour my unsaid words with ease,lighten up this burden and maybe I could feel better after draining my feelings here.

Dear mom,

How I wish I could live with you for an eternity. Just to listen to your daily rants,eat your delicious meals,get your taunts when you start comparing with other girls. Mom. My dearest mom.

The one who always knows what I hide beneath my smiles. I still remember how much you'd punish me when I'd pluck fruits from the neighbours stealthily. Then you'd pacify me with your hugs and samosas.

Am proud to have come from you. You always made the best out of me whenever I used to give up and despair over trivial issues. I do remember how much you used to stand up for me when the people pointed fingers at me. And for that,beloved mom,I will miss you. I will miss your presence in my life.