Chapter Thirty two: My answered prayers

The world life is an enjoyment, the best enjoyment of which is a righteous wife.~ hadith.

Chapter Thirty two :

My answered prayers.
Murad's POV

My childhood enemy, the girl I always made fun of, today, she's my better other half. Its crazy how time unfolds its mysteries. I never imagined life beside her, let alone falling in love with the psycho.

I still remember when dad died, I felt my world crushing into pieces that I could never join. She hugged me tight, wiped my tears and told me that everything will be okay. I was nine, but I couldn't realise that with time she would be my everything.

Graduating from the university, having a decent job was another struggle but when I got to know about her fixed alliance with some other guy, the fixed up pieces of my heart fell and I was consumed by a massive cloud of heartache. I loved her since then.

Some things are better off left to Allah, He knows and He plans the best. She became mine after a long struggle. She was the best thing that happened to me. My answered prayers- her.

Although life is a battle of trials and tribulations I was shocked to find out that my presence in her life was just short lived. I wasn't afraid of death, I was afraid of each moment she looked at my eyes, tears welling up in her eyes yet she plastered a smile and assured me of a better future.

"If not on earth, then in jannah where there's no separation, no tears." She once said locking me in her embrace.

I was broken, not because I'd perish, but because of every dream, every single wish we had. Every day every night I spent, the unfulfilled promises haunted me. She didn't portray herself as a weakling. Maybe it was her prayers that pulled me back. Maybe it was because we were destined to be under each other's care for another round.

Today i look at her and find all the pieces to this puzzle called life solved. Jannat, my paradise on earth.

***

"Why are you giving me that look?" Jannat asked making space for herself to seat on the couch. "I was wondering why you look so beautiful in that fat body of yours,"I smirked. She rolled her eyes, "I am not fat and for your kind information I am pregnant," she declared as she sat on the couch. I laughed at her.

"There's nothing funny, your relative is busy kicking my insides, you must be really enjoying the scene," she scoffed grabbing the bag of crisps that lie on the table. "There she goes, stuffing herself with these unhealthy foods," Farhat aunty, her mom said. She snatched the bag from her.

"Ugh mommy this is not done, you and this man are making my life hell," she breathed in heavily, "and this relative of yours is busy having summersaults in my insides." She placed her hand on her belly as if pacifying the baby. "It kicked again," she squealed.

"Thats like my good boy! Yeah kick champ you are a go getter," I said laughing at her. There was something about making her angry, she looked cute giving out those flat replies. "Who said its gonna be a boy?" she rolled her eyes sarcastically wearing an evil smile. "She is going to be Inayat, my baby girl."