Chapter Twenty Seven: The companion of the darkness

And those who say: 

"Our Lord! Bestow on us from our wives and our offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes,and make us leaders for the Muttaqûn"

Those will be rewarded with the highest place(in Paradise) because of their patience.

Therein they shall be met with greetings and the word of peace and respect.(Qur'an 25:74-75)

Chapter Twenty Seven:
The companion of the darkness.

Somewhere in the starry night was a beating human heart and lungs that took in artificial air. The stars hung above us, as if strung in the air by invisible strings. I looked at the constellations above us, it was a beautiful view.

We were tired from the day's heavy work. All the noise and chaos drained my body. I sat on the rocking chair in the balcony looking at the beautiful sky. Feeling a hand brush through my hair, I almost jerked forgetting that I was married.

"What a night, a sky full of stars, and the moon lighting up so bright, it feels as if they are conversing silently,stealthily, talking about the beauty who's with me for the rest of my life," Murad started as he sat in front of me.
"I didn't know that I had a poetic husband who can go beyond calling his wife an apple. Am flattered," I smirked looking straight into his eyes.
"There's a lot you know nothing about, so many things and if you are ready, you have your entire lifetime to know me," he winked.

"I know about the man who's sitting before me admiring the stars, I know that he's a big joker and a bully," I teased laughing at his face.

Who'd think that this was our first night together. We were so engrossed in teasing one another and forgot about dinner. It was three at night, I'd prefer calling it the wee hours. He brought a plate of two sandwiches, and a cup of cold coffee.

Sipping the coffee in turns, we finished our late night snack. I sat on the bed, removing the heavy jewelry' that burdened my petite body. I was getting used to his presence although I felt awkward to stand before him without the stole on my head, he made it easy for me to stay comfortable with him.

Changing to the black night dress mom had advised me to bring along, I looked at myself in the mirror, feeling nervous and shy. My heart was skipping wildly inside me as a tingling feeling embraced my arms.

I walked out of the washroom, my eyes stuck on the ground, I felt his gaze on me. He walked closer to me, slowly and dramatically. What a husband I had!

He locked me in his embrace pulling me closer to him,I felt his musk combining with my breathe, a feeling that was unknown to me. Just like the dark night grew darker, our night as husband and wife was sealed.

***

"Cmon wake up, its time for fajr," I announced stroking his hair gently. He pulled me closer to him and smiled half awake, his smile was something different. So innocent yet filled with lots of mischief.

"Its been just two hours," he cried pulling my hand to his side.

"Cmon don't be lazy, wake up," I nagged him pulling my hand away from him. He woke up lazily and went to the washroom to freshen himself up for the prayers.