Chapter 3

~Time skip to midnight, Sasuke's P.O.V~

Naruto and I are waiting for Sakura at the village gates. "So dobe, how did it go? Did Sakura say yes, or did she run away screaming?" I was silently hoping for the second option, I knew I was being selfish but I could care less. "She said yes! I honestly can't believe-" "Believe what?" Sakura said jogging up to us. I couldn't help stare at her beautiful form. I shook my head of my ridiculous thoughts.

"Yea dobe can't believe what?" I stated smirking. "Uh I can't believe birds can't walk like people!" Naruto stated lamely. At that moment a huge sweat drop appeared on both mine and Sakura's heads. "Ok, so why don't we start heading towards the sand village before we see any walking birds huh Naruto?"
Sakura stated chuckling.

"Sure? Why don't you take the lead Sakura and me and Naruto will cover you from the back" After a few hours of walking Sakura could hear a rustling in the bushes. "Guys, I hear something" "what is it saku-" at that moment I was cut off due to an assassin from a rival village emerge from the bushes.

"Give me the scroll little girl and no one gets hurt" he stated, his voice was blood curdling. "You'll have to get through me before you can obtain this scroll! It belongs to Garra of the sand!" Sakura yelled. "I guess I'll have to kill you then" the stranger said lunging towards Sakura with a Kubikiribōchō.

Right as the asasin was about to stab Sakura, Naruto bravely jumped in front of his her taking the blow, badly injuring himself, far beyond Sakura's beginning medical abilities. "Damn, I'll be back to obtain that scroll!" He stated before disappearing.

Blood poured from his open wound located in his abdomen. He soon fell to the ground, I caught him before he could injure himself further. Sakura quickly ran over assessing his injuries cursing to herself. "Damnit!" She screamed hitting the ground.

She grasped Naruto's hand, "Keep breathing Naruto. Your going to be just fine ok?" I could see she was visibly shaking, it was obvious she wanted to burst into tears but she kept calm for Naruto. "Sakura, I-I can't feel anything."
After hearing that a single tear rolled down her cheek, while I was struggling to fight back tears myself.