Chapter 8

-1 year has past.  Sasuke and Sakura had gotten together 3 months ago-

~Sasuke's P.O.V~
I had decided to stop by Naruto's grave to place some new flowers on his grave. I noticed Sakura was already there. "Hey Sakura." "Sasuke!" She exclaimed, happy to see me. "I brought Naruto some flowers, there sunflowers." Sunflowers always reminded me of him. "Thank you Sasuke, your one of the few people that come up here to give him new flowers." She said quietly.

Sakura had become herself finally. Her emerald green eyes began to shine. The dazzling smiles she used to give to only Naruto, finally reappeared and were now directed toward me. The bubblegum pink hair that always rested at her shoulders now gracefully lays at her waist. Sakura now works at the hospital full time with lady tsunade, I couldn't be prouder of her.

I decided to give Sakura some time alone to talk to Naruto before we needed to leave. I decided to sit under a cherry blossom tree admiring the bustling city of kohana slowly winding down. Looking back towards Sakura I notice her walking towards me. "Ready to go?" "Yeah, hey Sasuke?" Sakura asks "hmm?" "I just want to say thanks for coming to see Naruto and putting up with me through all this, it means a lot to me." She stated a blush resting on her cheeks. "Cute." I thought to myself, a blush slowly creeping to my cheeks as well.

After a few minutes of walking we make it back to Sakura's. "Sasuke, would you mind staying the night?" I could feel a blush hit my face "Sure Sakura." She leads me into her apartment, it reminds me of her. The walls are painted a soft pink with white plush carpeting, I then notice our old team seven picture. Sakura, Naruto, and Kakashi had huge grins on there faces flashing peace signs towards the camera, while I was glaring off into the distance. "Geez how have we changed huh?" I thought while chuckling to myself.

Placing the picture back carefully, I looked around for Sakura. "Where did Sakura go?" I walked towards her door slightly tapping my fist against the door, "Sakura? Are you in there?"

I slowly pushed the door open, greeted with the beautiful sight of Sakura passed out on her bed. Her waist length hair surrounded her, making her look like an angel. I quietly walked towards her bed getting in, the bed creaking slightly under the newly added weight, I leaned over towards Sakura pressing my lips to her forehead.

"I love you Sakura" "I love you too Sasuke" after hearing those words I jerk myself up to look towards Sakura to see if she was just mumbling in her sleep. "What?" I asked "I said, I love you Sasuke." Millions of thoughts were running through my mind. "Sakura loves me back?" "Sasuke? Are you alright?" Sakura says sitting up next to me, her emerald green eyes staring into my coal black ones searching for answers, I soon find myself becoming lost in them.

Instinctively I lean forward and press my lips onto hers. Slowly she responds to the kiss. A few seconds later we break apart and just sit in silence staring into each others eyes. "Sasuke, I know I'm still a train wreck and I've put you through hell and back but, would you still stay with me?" I nodded pulling her towards my chest. I pulled both of us back down onto the bed, Sakura still in my arms, letting sleep overtake us.