George Harrison #3

Girl

Liverpool,England,1956

"Hey Ella! Wait up!" I heard someone call behind me. It was the usual Scouse accent,so I couldn't tell who it was. I turned and saw George,and Paul standing there. I smiled a little, I thought George was the coolest guy in Liverpool. He was such a great singer,and guitarist. He knew so many cool people. "What's up Harrison?" "We were wondering if you wanted to hang out with us after practice." "Sure,when should I come by?" "About nine thirty,Paul's house as usual." "I'll be there." They scurried away,so they wouldn't be late getting home. I went home,and on the walk I found myself thinking of George,as usual. The way his hair would get messed up throughout the day,his thick eyebrows,and his crooked teeth. He hated his teeth,and said they made him look like a vampire. I disagreed,and said they were cute. We were the same age,and he lived a few minutes away from me. He was always there for me,just a short walk away. Our parents are friends,so when we were kids they would get both our families together,and George and I would play little games together with our siblings. He had two older brothers and an older sister,I had an older brother and two older sisters. We were both the youngest,so we just clicked very well. I was more outgoing than him,but he told me it helped him when I was around to be less shy. He was silent a lot, observing everything. I loved him in every way,he had no flaws. He doubted himself a lot,and I couldn't stand it. I realized I had just about gotten home,so I stopped thinking of George. After doing my homework and talking to my friend on the phone for a bit,it was dinner time. After dinner I asked if I could hang out with George. "Why do you always want to hang out with him and his friends?" My mother asked,suspecting I had a crush on him. I blushed a little,"Well,I think they're cool. And they're great musicians!" I smiled. "Don't patronize the girl! Yes honey,you can go." My father belted. I kissed his cheek,then went to my room to get ready. I still had half an hour to get ready,so I put on a tight red shirt and tight back jeans. I put on black flats,and fixed my winged eyeliner. I slipped on my leather jacket George got me for my birthday last year. I slipped out the front door,and made way to Paul's house. He lived five minutes away from George,which would be a ten minute walk from my house. I checked my watch,I was a few minutes early. I was a little nervous to be around them,but they were my friends, so it would be okay. "Hey guys." I smiled. "Hey Ella." George and John greeted. Paul just smiled at me,then looked back to his bass. I didn't like Pete,and he didn't like me,so I we didn't acknowledge each other. "What's goin' on?" I asked them,sitting on George's amp. "We're just finishing practice up." Paul answered. "Wish I could've been here to listen." I fake pouted. "Sorry Ellie,no can do. We have new songs we gotta practice,no distractions." John answered. "Not even Lil' Ellie?" John stoutly shook his head. "It's okay Johnny,you know I still love you." I ruffled his hair,to which he rolled his eyes and fixed it. "So,George,what are we doing after practice?" I asked,my eyes meeting his. "Well I was gonna stick around here,but we can go do something." He confidently said. "No,I think i'm gonna hang with Johnny." I joked. His smile dropped,and he scrambled to answer. "Well,yeah, that's okay-I mean that'll be fun-" "George,I'm kidding!" I giggled. He smiled awkwardly and looked down,"I would love to go on a date with you." I smiled back. "A-a date?" He asked,his thick eyebrows raised. I nodded,"Alright! Our boy has a date!" John cheered,"And with a lovely lady." He jokingly flirted. "Let's go!" George smiled. "Alright." I stood up,and followed George from the back room to the front porch. "So where are we going?" I asked,walking up the street with him. "I figured we could back to my house. My parents are out with the Yorke's. But,don't worry,I won't try anything. I just want to listen to records and talk,like we used to." He was right,we never do that anymore. We've been friends our whole lives,and we haven't been as close lately. "Sounds like fun Georgie." I grinned. He practically tripped over himself when I called him that. "You look really pretty." He spoke up. "Thank you. You look very handsome." We arrived at his house a little bit later,then went up to his room to avoid his siblings. "What do you want to listen to?" "Maybelline!" I smiled. "Chuck it is." He put the 45 on and sat next to me on his bed. "How's the band?" "Pretty good. We're working on some good stuff,i'm excited." He grinned adorably. "How's Chris?" I scoffed,"He's been gone for awhile! He was a drag." "A well known drag that is,I told you!" I laughed along with him,"Is there a girl in your life,Georgie,huh?" He looked at the floor and smiled,"Nope,sadly." "Don't worry George,you'll get a girl." "I hope." He sighed. "Now,chin up! Just because some snobby blonde won't suck your dick doesn't mean you're gonna be alone forever!" I joked. He laughed with me,it was a great time. "Where have you been lately? I haven't seen much of you,even at school." "I had a thing with Steven,but he's a bit of a dick." He nodded. "I'm sorry it didn't work out." "Nah,it's fine." We were silent for a while after that. "George?" He turned his head to look at me,I didn't look at him. "Do you-do you think i'm pretty?" "Yes. You're very pretty. Why do you ask?" "I don't know..." I shrugged. "Do you think you're not?" I shrugged again. "You are. He grabbed my shoulders and looked into my eyes. "You're beautiful." "Thank you George." He pressed his lips into mine. I was surprised at first,but then I kissed back. When we pulled away,he was quiet. "Will you be my girlfriend?" "Yes. I will." After a few minutes if silence I stood up,"Come walk me home Georgie." He nodded and stood up next to me. I grabbed his hand as we walked down the street. When we got to my house,he stopped. "I'll see you tomorrow at school." I nodded. "Bye." "Bye George." He kissed my cheek. I smiled,then went into my house. My parents were still watching T.V. I went to my bedroom and looked out of the window. George was walking home. I laid in bed and thought about the whole night. "Eleanor,you have a call downstairs. It's the Harrison boy." I got up out of bed and ran down the steps. "Hello?" "I just wanted to say Goodnight. And do you want to come over tomorrow?" "Yes. Goodnight Georgie." "Goodnight Ella." I hung up the phone and went back to bed.

A/N: I hope you like it,It's one of my favorites! Isn't baby George just the cutest?