Chapter 1: Caught up

"How could I be so stupid?" I thought aloud as I mentally face palmed myself.

I was currently locked out of my car on the side of the street in the middle of a storm.

It's like 65 degrees out here in Seoul, I'm soaked and cold as hell.

I'm definitely going to get sick.

Let me give you a little background.

You see I'm visiting my best friend, Hyolin here in Seoul, South Korea for a few months, you know to check out the area and decide if I'd want to move here.

So far I've been loving it, the people are so nice, the food is great, the hip hop clubs here are lit, oh and I can't forget the men they are so fine.

Of course, there are stares but that's not a problem because I know I'm pretty attractive.

This morning I left my hotel with the intent of meeting up with Hyolin at her place.

Of course with my luck that didn't come easy.

You see somehow I ended up getting lost in some random neighborhood with a bunch of big houses, a rich neighborhood for sure.

Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, as I was trying to navigate my way out of here my car started making crazy noises and started smoking.

I jumped out so fast.

I think I saw way too many movies with cars exploding I wasn't going to risk any of that foolery.

Walking to the front of the car, I popped the hood and a shit load of smoke just smacked me in the face.

After coughing my ass off, I looked around the inside as if I really knew about cars and their problems.

Giving up, I grab my cellphone to give Hyolin a call.

After a couple of rings, she picked up.

"Yah! Where the hell are you?!" She yelled into the phone.

"Girl I got lost and then my car broke down on the side of the road," I whined.

"Aish! Seriously? It's getting late and plus there's a storm coming really soon." She whined right back.

As if some kind of coincidence, as soon as she said that it started to rain.

Not even a little drizzle or a cute little sprinkle.

No, sweet mother nature decided she just wasn't playing today, so it was pouring

I just got my hair straightened too.