assistant || anthony trujillo

Jake and Erika have taken the wedding seriously and decided to actually be a couple.

Since then, Erika decided that she can't handle being a wife, a vlogger and at the same time Jake's assistant.

Luckily, Jake found a new assistant through one of Erika's friends.

***

I woke up looking at the digital clock sitting on my side table. It read 7:15.

"Shit." I muttered under my breath as I rushed to take a shower.

I was gonna be late for my meeting. Jobs for me have been so tiring and frustrating to find. To actually be able to find one was a blessing. I haven't started yet, I'm already ruining my chances to get a good job.

I grabbed my towel and bath robe and quickly undressed as I took a nice warm shower.

Rinsing off the remaining soap suds on my body, I lingered longer feeling the warm water run down my body.

I quickly hopped out of the shower as I remembered I had errands to run.

7:32. The clock read.

I had 28 minutes till the meeting and I'm running really late. I had no time to prepare and cook my breakfast.

I'm just going to get breakfast on the way. I thought to myself.

I got in my car, a matte black BMW i8. It was a gift from my father, I wasn't into cars as much as him but it was something we had common ground with.

I drove to The Grove and decided to just grab a coffee and probably a donut.

"A venti iced caramel macchiato for Em." The barista called out, that was my order. I grabbed the cup in my hand and looked at my watch, 7:49.

I walked hurriedly to my car, but since luck and I haven't been on good terms, it decided to kick my ass. I grunted as the liquid from the cup spilled over my top. And a once standing Em was now sitting on the floor.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't see you there." A males voice said as a hand appeared in front of my eyes. I happily accepted he's help and stood on my feet again.

I looked at his eyes, they were of a brown shade, light and calming. "I can buy you a new one, if that's okay with you."

I declined the offer, looking at my watch again. "No no, it's okay. I'm running late for a meeting and I don't have much time. Thank you though. See you around." I ran off to my car as I needed to get to the place quick.

I set the GPS to the address my friend gave me, a couple of wrong turns and missed turns, making me later than I already was.

I finally found the place, it was surrounded with many screaming children and parents who tagged along. Cars surrounded the area too. An orange bus just right across the house, a truck and a Ford RS sitting on the front of the house. A few other cars were parked as well. I got out of my car, and remembered the tiny accident that happened earlier today. It was a good thing I brought extra clothes.

I changed into the extra shirt I brought, I no longer looked as decent as I did earlier. I was wearing a buttoned down shirt with jeans and black 5 inch heels earlier. Now, I changed into a clean shirt and walked up to their door.

I rang the door bell, checking my phone for the nth time for any missed calls or unread messages.

"Hey, are you a fan?" A familiar voice asked.

I still did not look up as I messaged my friend that I was here.

Another male voice piped in, "Oh, are you Em?"