Promises, Rochester and Ohio

"Promise me, Tony!"

***

It was a girls day. Tessa, Erika and I haven't seen each other as much as we used to. Work has been pulling us apart and it was killing us.

"Ooh, Tessa. That looks hot! Chance is one lucky guy." Erika and I continued each other's sentences as Tessa got back inside the dressing room.

I looked through the racks of clothing, each one I did not just click with.

"Hey, Emma. Does this look good with this?" Erika asked as she brought up a little black dress with beige heels.

I looked up from the racks and was confused, "Why are you asking me? I dress like a slob all the time." I laughed.

"Are you kidding me? You dress up like a goddess!" She compliments.

I nodded, "Yeah, if goddesses look like they just got out from prison."

Tessa laughs, "You look hot whatever you're wearing. Tony is getting a real treat."

I smiled, then frowned. I haven't really seen him as much as I wanted to. We've been dating for five months now, and I never had the time to talk with him or even have a proper date. Work here, work there. I barely see him and we live in the same house. "Hey, I'm getting tired. I'll see you at home?"

They looked at each other as if they were thinking if they'd just go with me or continue their day. I walked out of the shop, and called out an Uber to pick me up.

***

"Hey, babe. I thought you were out with Rik and T." Anthony says as I walked in through the door. He was lying down on the couch with Emilio, Ivan and Ray.

I sighed, "Yeah, yeah. Uh, I was with them. I just got tired." I walked in my room.

He must've noticed that I was lying as he followed me to my room. I was pacing around my room, the stress was getting in to me.

"Baby, what's going on?" He walks up to my direction.

"Tony, promise me." I stated.

He furrowed his brows, "Promise you what baby?"

"Promise me that you will find someone better than me. Someone that can take care of you." I started to tear up.

He looked at me, shock written all over his face. "What are you trying to say, Emma?"

Sitting on the edge of my bed, tears threatening to fall. "Promise me, Tony!"

He pulled me into a hug, kissing the top of my head. "I'm sorry Tony. I love you, I really do. But, we haven't seen each other recently and I haven't been being the best person to be with you. You deserve better, you deserve the world. But, here you are, stuck with me. Just promise me, you'll find someone who can take care of you and treat you right." I muffled into his chest.

He runs his hands up and down my back, calming me down. "Look, Emma. I'm not leaving you. We've been together for 5 months, and if you think work is pulling us apart, it's not. We can get through this, I love you."

He continues to hug me as I cried into his chest. "I love you, Tony."

He pulls apart from the hug and looks at me, our eyes centered. "I'll be right by your side till 3005."

"Did you just quote Childish Gambino?" I let out a small giggle.

He instantly smiles at my quick response, "Thank you for coming into my life. For knocking the coffee off of my hands. For loving me." I said as I continued to hug him.