Surprise, Surprise!

"Emma, would you make me the happiest guy in this world, and be my girlfriend?"

***

I was in my hotel room, Anthony was nowhere in sight. Where could he have been? My phone was currently dead and charging. He could just be with Chance and Jake somewhere. My phone rang, Jake.

"What's up?" I picked the phone up while it was charging.

"Meet us at the beach in 5." He says leaving the call immediately.

I was confused to what was happening. So, I rang Tessa. No pick-up. I rang Nick.

A few rings later, he decided to answer. "What's up?"

"Jake called to meet at the beach in 5, you coming?" I asked immediately not even bothering to greet him.

"What? He did not call me. I'll meet you in the lobby." He replies. I responded with an okay and headed to the lobby.

I saw Nick's fixed hair from afar and walked up to him immediately. We headed out to the beach which was just right outside.

It looked really pretty and arranged. Fairy lights surrounding the area and the ocean breeze just calming. Couples walking hand in hand, children kicking the sand as they ran. 

And there, I saw him standing by the ocean. Jake by his side. 

"Emma, for the past two months we have known each other, I knew right then that I liked you, a lot." To hear those words made me smile. "Emma, would you make me the happiest guy in this world, and be my girlfriend?"

The words echoing through my mind. For a proposal like this, it was extraordinary and cliché. Happiest guy. Girlfriend.

I was in shock, "N-no."

His face from a smile into a depressing frown. "I'm sorry, Kade. But, someone else has my heart. Look, you're a pretty cool guy.  You are really fun to be with and I can tell you, you look good too. But, I see you like a brother. I hope we can still be friends though." (You didn't see that coming, huh?)

"Em, I totally understand. But, this is all a prank." He says smiling. A breath of relief hit me. Thank God.

"Thank God this is all a prank. I didn't want to break our friendship and make it all awkward." I sighed.

I looked around, Chance was there but no Anthony. "Where's Tony?"

Jake looked at me, then his camera. "Turn around."

I did what I was told. There he was, the boy that stole my heart. A single rose in hand. "It's nothing like Kade's proposal. But, Emma Fall, would you make me the luckiest guy and be my girlfriend?"

I looked at him in shock, then to Jake, then Kade, then Nick and back to him. "This is not another prank, is it?"

I smiled as they shook their heads no, "Yes. Yes, Anthony Trujillo, I would gladly be your girlfriend." 

I came in to hug him and from the background you could hear Jake talking to his camera. "And, there you go Jake Paulers! My assistant and my best friend are now dating! They grow up so fast." He says faking a tear and wiping it away like a parent.

And to think this day could not get any better.

***

"Baby, wake up." I say as I shook him gently. "Babe, we'll be leaving Brazil soon. We've got to catch a bus to the airport."

He opens his eyes slowly. "Morning beautiful."

We've been dating for two weeks and I still blush at the tiniest reasons. It's still not sinking in. To think that I finally can call him mine, after two months of liking him. "You ready to leave?"