Home // LAST

Rochester was not LA. And LA isn't Rochester. Two places I called home, each had different people and different environments. I loved being in Rochester, it was where I grew up after all. Except, it's missing something. Someone.

"Emma!" I was caught from my trance as I lay on my bed feeling lifeless. 

I walked barefoot to the living room where I heard the voice of my brother come from. "What do y--." I was cut mid sentence as I saw what was going on. "Anthony, Jake? What are you doing here?"

"Emma, I'm sorry. I know I messed up and --." Jake started before I cut him.

"Jake. It's my fault, I took your offer. We wouldn't be on this situation right now, if it weren't for me. Anthony, I didn't mean to hurt you. Believe me or not, but I really love you. You have no idea." I plopped down onto the couch.

Ben smiles, "Oh please. She cried over you last night."

I glared at Ben, "Shut up, Ben. I wasn't crying."

"Oh yeah, cause you were totally laughing while looking at Anthony's pictures on your phone." He remarked sarcastically and started laughing.

I rolled my eyes and shifted my eyes to see Anthony smiling, "You were crying?"

"Well.." I gulped imaginary water, just making my saliva go back into my throat. "Only because I miss you." I fidget with my fingers looking down at the floor.

"I miss you too. That's why I'm here, babe." I shot my head up as soon as I heard him talk. "I ran after you at the airport, but I was too late. So, I booked a flight to the next plane. All for you."

My face lit up and my heart danced. "After everything I did wrong?"

"Emma, you brought a smile to my face when I first met you. The first time we kissed, it felt magical." He stated. "All I know is, I love you."

I stood from the couch as I noticed Anthony getting closer, he clasped my hands. "I love you, no matter what happens."

I rubbed my thumbs on his knuckles, looking at them. "Even if I played with your heart?"

"It didn't feel that way." He pulls me into a hug resting his chin on my head, as I feel the pace of his heartbeat with my cheek.

I hugged him tight, my arms holding onto his back. "I promised you, I would be a good boyfriend. But, I can't do that if I'm not your boyfriend."

I smiled, "We never had an official breakup though. So am I still your girl?"

"Always, baby. Always." I felt his lips make contact with my forehead.

It seems like the world stopped spinning and all my problems disappeared.

"Ben, is your sister out of her ro--." The voice of my mother enters through the front door. "Anthony? I thought you were in LA? And you two are okay? And who is this young boy?"

Anthony lets out a chuckle and we pull apart, "Hey, Lily."

"What is going on? I'm getting too old to keep up with you guys." She laughs and the wrinkles around her eyes show.

"Emma came home with a broken heart, Anthony chased her in the airport but was too late, Anthony was sad and caught a plane to see Emma, Jake tagged along to say sorry, Anthony and Emma still love each other, Anthony asks Emma to be his girlfriend again but Emma says they never broke up officially and then they hug. That's pretty much it." Ben narrates whatever happened. "What a love story! This is why I'm single."

"You're 13, you don't need a girlfriend yet." My mother says, being a mother.

He looks at her shocked, "I'm 15, turning 16 in a few months." I didn't even know that.

Laughs filled the air, "So, Emma. Are you coming back to LA with us? Team 10 still has a spot for you." Jake asks.

"As what? Your fake assistant? Cause we all know how that ended." I chuckled. "And besides, Megan is your new assistant since the beginning. But, I would visit."

"You can be on the talent side, get you an acting career. Or model for brands. You can start vlogging. Or you can help out with editing videos and filming." Jake tells me as he is trying to change my mind.

"Sounds good. But, I'm better behind the camera. So, I'll come back to be an editor or your camera man." I said as I was camera shy.

"Better behind camera? Babe, you're hot on the other end too." Anthony scoffs.

I shook my head and rolled my eyes, "I bet you say that to a lot of girls."

"No, I do not." He says as he snakes his arm around me.

We walk up the stairs to my room to get all my clothes back in the bags so we would be ready when we leave. "Hey, I don't want to leave Rochester until I see Liam and Elijah."

I smiled. Anthony enjoyed being with them the last time we were here, that's when I realized I was doing something wrong. "We can visit them tomorrow, before we leave?"

"Okay." He grins and continues to help me pack. 

After a few minutes, we were finished packing and we both fell asleep on my bed.

LA, I'm coming back for you.

* THE END *