Chapter Twenty-Five

Jamil...

 "What do you think of it?" I ask Jr as I hand him the small black velvet box

"What do you think of it?" I ask Jr as I hand him the small black velvet box. He gazes at the ring before smiling.
"She's gonna love it." He says making me bite my bottom lip and smile.
"Are they almost ready?" Gina says as she comes into JJ's room. I panic and quickly snatch the ring back and shove it in my pocket.
"Yeah... I just have to get Niylah in the bath." I say and she nods.
"Jr do you have your things together?" She asks him and he looks around at his things.
"Yes mommy." He says and she holds her hand out to him.
"Okay lets put it in the car." She says and he grabs his overnight bag and leaves the room with his mother. I soon follow behind them but make a turn into my room. I push the bedroom door open and make my way over to the bed. I sit next to Niy's small boy and push her long curls from her face.

"Boo..." I call out to her softly but she stays asleep. I pick her up and cradle her in my arms. "Boo boo..." I call out again and this time she stirs. Her bottom lip begins to tremble making me chuckle lightly. "Sh... it's okay." I say before she can begin her crying. She sniffles and rubs her eyes with the back of her hands. Finally she opens them and looks up at me with her blue eyes. I give her a smile but she continues to look at me tiredly. I stand from the bed, keeping a firm grip on her and move into the bathroom. I grab her little panda towel off of the hook and set it on the toilet seat. I place her down on the floor and begin to fumble with the bath water. After I've got a good temperature I begin to get her undressed. Once all of her clothes are removed I toss them in the hamper and place her in the water.

"Daddy I want toys." She says in a little raspy voice. I look around me to see if there's any nearby but come up short.
"There's none in here Niylah." I say and she splashes the water at me. I give her a playful glare and grab her rag. I coat the cloth with bubble gum body wash and lather the soap into it. I begin to wash her body as she hums softly. "What are you singing?" I ask as I lather her arms in the soap.
"Clean up song." She giggles and I laugh lightly.
"Why that song?" I ask and she stands so I can wash her legs.
"Cause your washing me daddy!" She says and I laugh harder. When I'm done she sits and I rinse the soap off of her. I move onto her hair and wash the curly mess.
"Do you have an outfit picked out for her? If not I have this that I bought the other day." Gina says coming into the bathroom. I drain the water in the tub and turn to look at her.
"No I don't. That'll be fine." I say as I grab the panda towel and grab Niylah. I wrap her in it and stand up straight.

After I've gotten her dressed I go to her room, get her packed bag and make my way downstairs.
"Alright baby... I'll be back in a few hours." Gina says before kissing my lips. I grasp her waist and pull her back towards me as she goes to walk away.
"I want a real kiss." I mumble as I stare down at her plump lips. She giggles cutely and places her lips back on mine. I smile into the kiss and continuously pull at the soft flesh with my own.
"Daddy! Let her go! Grandmas waiting!" Junior complains and I pull away, taking her bottom lip between my teeth. I release it and it pops back into place. I give her a smile and peck her lips one last time before parting her round backside.
"I love you." I say and she runs her hand across my curls.
"I love you." She replies and opens the front door. I hug and kiss the kids, saying my 'I love you's' to them and they are on their way.
...