1 - Civil War

"Your father is going to kill me for this," Tony mutters as he leads me onto his private jet. "Carmen, I want you to help me fight against Steve"

"I can't fight against Steve! I don't see why you are in the first place!" I exclaim.

"We had a disagreement, and I need your help. Please Carmen" he begs.

"...Fine, but I better get something in return for fighting against family"

"Anything you want, it's yours"

"What's the purpose of fighting them anyway?"

"They... you could call them fugitives. We gotta turn them in," he explains.

I stare out the window at the clouds passing by. Tony had somehow managed to sneak me away from my father and convince me to join a battle against half of my family. The team was my family, but it seemed to be breaking apart. I could only hope it didn't affect me as much as I thought it would.

"We have to stop at Queens for a minute, just wait on the plane. I'll bring you back some shawarma," Tony says, putting on his sunglasses.

"Is shawarma all you ever think about?" I ask as he gets off the plane.

I sat in the plane, reading a book to pass the time. After 20 minutes of waiting I picked up a nearby phone and dialled Tony's number. When he picked up he sounded annoyed.

"Stark, I want ice cream, no shawarma"

He sighs. "Fine, I'll get you ice cream. Now if that's all, I'm a little busy"

"With what? What is so important that you had to abandon me on a plane for 20 minutes"

"I gotta go, you'll see in a little bit"

He hangs up and I go back to reading my book. Ten minutes go by and Tony finally comes back on the plane, an ice cream cone in hand. He hands it to me then motions for someone to come in. A boy around my age with brown hair came onto the plane, looking nervous.

"Carmen, Peter Parker," Tony briefly introduces us, sitting down.

"Nice to meet you Parker, I'm Carmen Thorsdöttir, also known as Karma"

"Wait, y-you're-you're Karma?" Peter stutters.

"I am. Tony why did you have to stop in Queens?"

"To get a new recruit, Spider-Man," he motions to Peter who still looked surprised.

"I've heard about you, the Spiderling"

"Ha, that's what I called him," Tony mumbles while eating his shawarma, seemingly amused.

"Spider-Man," Peter corrects.

The rest of the ride is silent, I sat with my headphones in listening to music while eating my ice cream. The ride was long, but eventually we landed at the airport and Tony started giving us orders. He told me to wait on the plane until he gave the signal.

I was starting to get nervous, anxious, because I was fighting my family. Steve, Bucky, Wanda, Clint, and Sam. I had grown so close to them in the time I had spent on Earth, since most of my time was spent with them.

The phone beside me rings and I answer it. "Hello?"

"Karma, it's time," Tony tells me.

I hang up the phone and step off the plane. I could see everyone gathered around in the distance. I fly over to them and land across from Steve.

"Really Tony? You brought Karma into this? Thor isn't going to be happy"

"Thor doesn't need to know," Tony interjects.

"I'm only here to help Stark, I don't wish to injure anyone," I announce.

"It might be a little harder than that kid," Steve says, holding his webbed hands up. An arrow shoots through the webbing, setting him free.

Everyone starts fighting. I tried my best not to hurt anyone too badly, and I was doing good until some giant man grabbed me out of the air.

"Whoa, Karma, my daughter's a huge fan"

"Nice to hear that, now if you'll kindly let me go maybe I can meet her sometime. Give her an autograph"

"Really? You'd do that?" He asks excitedly as Spider-Man starts to tie his legs together with webs.

Tony and James push him over, making him fall into a nearby jet. He lets go of me, accidentally tossing me towards a pile of crates. I land in them, groaning a little in pain. Spider-Man is then thrown not too far from me. Tony comes to my side worriedly, when he saw I was alright he sighed in relief, helping me out of the broken crates.

"You did good, but leave the rest to us, take the kid to the plane where it's safe. I shouldn't have dragged you into this"

I shook my head. "It's alright. I want to help my family, even if it means fighting them. Although, I still don't get the fighting, I do hope it stops soon"

"Yeah, me too," he sighed.

Tony flies off and I look over to Spider-Man who was laying on the ground, looking very tired. I kneel next to him.

"Are you alright?"

"Y-yeah, just fine," he says, trying to catch his breath.

"I think we should go back to the plane"

I helped him back to the plane, him limping along the way. When we reach the plane he removes his mask, showing a bruise right around his eye.

"Let me help," I say, putting a hand over his bruised eye.

He seemed shocked at my action. "W-what-"

"I'm healing you, calm down," I whisper in a calm and soothing tone of voice.

When I remove my hand the bruise was no longer there. Peter looked at his reflection in the window beside him, shocked to see there was no longer a bruise around his eye.

"Wow," he says in disbelief. "Amazing, h-how did you do that?"

"Sorcery"

"Sorcery? Cool"

Before I can reply I hear a jet taking off. I step out and notice Tony and James flying after Steve and Bucky who managed to get into a jet. I fly towards them quickly, keeping pace with the jet. As I'm about to try and stop it a yellow beam of light comes my way and hits me in the back. I fall quickly towards the ground, wind rushing around me.

"Carmen!" Tony and Sam yell when they notice me falling out of the sky.

Sam rushes over to me but doesn't make it in time. I managed to create a portal just before hitting the ground and black out.