6 - Magic

"This is what you wear on this Earth? It's a lot like what they have back on my Earth," I say, picking through some clothes on racks.

"I think you should keep quiet about all that," Artemis suggests, looking around at the shoppers who were giving me odd glances.

"Oh, right, sorry"

I was shopping with Miss Martian, also known as Megan, and Artemis. Peter had gone off with Robin, Wally and Superboy in some other store. I picked out a couple outfits, with the consent of the two girls. We left for the mountain and I headed straight to my room, placing my new clothes in the dresser. I walk out of the room, running into Peter who was exiting his room, which was beside mine.

"How was shopping?" I ask.

"Fine, the others are pretty cool"

"They are. Remember Parker, don't get too attached"

"I won't get attached, I'm only saying they're cool," he grumbles.

When we meet up with the team Red Tornado was in the room, he was the 'guardian' of the group. He was discussing some sort of mission. He looks over at us, and motions for us to come join the discussion.

"Carmen, I would like you and your friend to help them," he says in a robotic voice, since he was a robot.

"Are you sending us on a mission?" I ask.

"You two will be helping the team find a friend of mine, his name is Kent Nelson"

We follow the directions that Red Tornado gave us, ending up in an empty field. Aqualad was given a key that would supposedly allow us to enter a tower, with an act of fate, whatever that meant. Aqualad held the key out in the air, turning it as if it were in a keyhole. A tower appears before us and we enter.

"Why does Earth have so many odd... things?" I mutter to myself looking around at the inside of the tower that just appeared out of nowhere.

While I was looking around the floor beneath me broke into pieces, leaving us to all fall to our deaths towards lava. I started floating, so did Megan. Superboy, also known as Conner, dug his hands into the side of the wall. Peter used his webs and he was dangling, Artemis dug an arrow into the wall and was holding onto Kaldur, or Aqualad. Wally was holding onto Megan for his life.

"Is this a natural occurrence for you?" I ask the group.

"It's not normally lava but we do face near death experiences a lot," Wally answers.

I create a platform for all of us to stand on, also shielding us from the heat of the lava. Megan says something and the lava goes away, allowing us to land. Kaldur opens a hatch and we are met with a snowy landscape. I go through first, a cane flying towards me. I grab it but Wally grabs onto it too, having come through the hatch. It pulls us into the air, making us vanish.

"Just who is this Kent Nelson?" I ask Wally as we fly through the air, unable to remove our hands from the cane.

"Someone who knows how to use magic"

"Someone like me?" He nods.

We're brought to a place with stairs that lead every which way. We land across from three people, one of them tied up, who I thought was Kent Nelson. The one who was tied up flies over to us, seemingly gaining his power back after the retrieval of his cane. An elevator appears behind us and we all step in, although I was attacked before I could enter.

"Who do we have here?" An annoying voice asks. "I've never seen you before"

"I am Karma, and I'm not from this Earth," I answer, firing a beam of gold light at him. He goes flying back into the other man, knocking him over.

"Wow," Wally says as I enter the elevator.

It starts to move, and Kent asks who I was. "Karma, a goddess not of this universe. I am also a sorceress"

"That will be of good help since we are up against an opponent with tremendous mystic power"

"Good to know I can be of service"

We step out of the elevator and the others fall through a door that was on an upside down set of stairs. Kent hits a giant bell with his cane, allowing us to walk through it. The other two who I had seen with Kent also show up, attempting to stop us.

Only me, Kent and Wally make it through the bell portal before it closes. We were on the roof, facing off against the boy with the annoying voice, the witch boy. He shoots Kent with a red ray before I can manage to create a force field.

"Wally, I can't keep this up much longer. Think of something," I say as the witch boy creates claws, trying to claw through my force field.

He breaks through the force field, grabbing me with one of the claws. I'm thrown down to the brick floor, unable to move. The hand held me down, locking my arms in place. Wally put on the helmet, fighting against the witch boy as Doctor Fate until the witch boy vanished and Wally removed the helmet.