10 - A Date?

"You got a date with HIM?!"

I watch Artemis throw punches at Megan. They were sparring and I had decided to tell them about what had happened. Clearly Artemis was not impressed, although I knew she didn't like him so it wasn't that unusual. Megan seemed very calm about it.

"What is this I'm hearing about dates?" I hear a faint voice come from outside the training room.

Peter walks in with the phone, a hologram of Tony floating above the screen. My eyes widen and I can immediately feel my cheeks flush. Peter joins me on the floor and we sit watching the two girls spar.

"Your father isn't just going to just kill me he's going to ground me into dust," Tony says.

"Tony, it's only a date. It was my decision and has nothing to do with you"

"So who's the lucky guy?" Peter asks. He looked a little tense, but I paid no mind to it.

"Wally," I mumble.

"HIM!?" He yells and I can see Tony flinch.

"See? He gets it!" Artemis exclaims, standing up after finally pinning Megan to the ground.

"Yes, him, I don't see why you two dislike him so much"

"He's annoying," they both answer in unison.

"And a huge flirt. Have you not seen how he tries to get with every girl he meets?" Artemis continues, sitting across from me. "You could've picked any other guy and I bet they would've been thrilled. Like Peter here, he's a better pick than Wally"

"I'd approve of that relationship," Tony says with a smirk, putting on a pair of sunglasses.

Peter's face had gone red, matching the shade of my shirt. Megan placed a hand on mine, being the only nice person here at the moment.

"Don't worry, Wally is sweet, it should be fine. Now, what are you going to wear?"

I look down at my shirt and jeans. "I was going to wear this. Do people really dress up for dates?"

"Really? Clearly you haven't been on many dates," Artemis says, pulling me up off the floor. "Me and Megan will help get you ready"

"It'll be fun," Megan adds as they drag me to my room.

I sat on my bed, watching Megan and Artemis raid my closet. After they had thrown every single piece of clothing I owned onto a pile in the floor they determined I had no clothes fit for a date, so Megan dragged me to her room and pulled out some dresses.

They finally decided on a fitted gold sleeveless dress that ended mid thigh, then she laid out a pair of matching gold flats. They styled my hair and did my makeup, leaving me to feel like a Barbie doll.

"All done, what do you think?" Megan asks, standing me up in front of a mirror.

"I look like a Barbie doll," I mutter.

"Alright, time to show the finished product," Artemis says, hauling me towards the mission room. Wally stood in his normal attire next to Peter who was still on the phone with Tony.

"Whoa," they say in unison.

"I can't believe you're Thor's daughter, like, seriously?" Tony says.

"Wait, how are you able to see me?"

"I upgraded my computer so now I'm able to see you on my screen. Although I tried the hologram thing with my phone and it wouldn't work, I'm still gonna need your help with that"

"Okay. Anyway, where are you taking me Wally?"

"We're gonna go grab some food then watch a movie," he answers.

"A typical earth date, that seems lovely"

"Wally, you better not do anything to her. If I find out anything happened to her you are gonna be in so much trouble, she's one of the people I actually like," Artemis says with narrowed eyes.

"I won't, promise," he says speeding beside me and wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "She's safe with me"

"I don't believe that," Peter says.

"Kid, you shoulda made your move quicker, you had the perfect opportunity when you saved her from the Jokester guy but you blew it," Tony tells Peter, shaking his head.

My eyebrows scrunch together. "What?"

"Nothing to worry about sweetie, just go have fun on your date"

"Date?!" I hear a voice from behind Tony yell. "Are you talking to Karma?!"

"Bye Karma, have fun. I gotta go before Widow kills me"

"Goodbye Tony"

"Stark! Get back here! Why didn't you tell me you had been in contact with Karma! And-" Natasha's rant was cut off by Peter hanging up.

"Well, they seem like a happy couple," Artemis says.

"Couple, no. Teammates, yes. Although they are normally like that"

"Come on, lets go," Wally says, dragging me away from the group.

"Have fun!" Megan says.